I kinda reaching way out there on this post but....... do you think Athiests have a Christian/religi

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by mrb, May 27, 2009.

1. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    I know... it is way....... WAY out there but if anyone knows I'm sure someone here knows.......

just sayin'.......... I really would like to know if the closer they get to the end if they change their way of thinking.........
    Any opinions??????:wave:

2. Son_of_Cold_Duck

Son_of_Cold_Duck 1:8655 idiots right Red?

Dec 16, 2008
    i\'m skeeered
    An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that the evolution had created. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!", he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing.

He ran even faster, so scared that tears were coming to his eyes. He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out "Oh my God!...."
    Time stopped.
    The bear froze.
    The forest was silent.
    Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all of these years; teach others I don't exist; and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as Christian now, but perhaps could you make the bear a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice.
    The light went out.
    The river ran again.
    And the sounds of the forest resumed.
    And then the bear dropped his right paw ..... brought both paws together...bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful...AMEN!"

Author Unknown

3. htredneck

htredneck Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    Wow, now that is a deep subject. Something happening to bring it on perhaps?
    I have personally witnessed 2 die-hard Athiests become immediate believers due to events taking place around them so it is not out of the question.

4. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    [rquote=1276278&tid=89331&author=htredneck]Wow, now that is a deep subject. Something happening to bring it on perhaps?
    I have personally witnessed 2 die-hard Athiests become immediate believers due to events taking place around them so it is not out of the question.[/rquote]

Nope.. not here anyway......... I just go deep think diving sometimes and that is what I came up with......... :rof2::rof2::2thumbsup: Thought it might be worthy of some real deep thoughts from others....... What with all the cross burnings and cross downfalls........ Just kinda wondered if those who were trying their best to bring down religion would find it in the end..:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::cheers:

5. Squatch

Squatch New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Barnhart, Mo
    I think it's a little late to change your way of thinking if it's time for the burial:roll2:

6. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    [rquote=1276303&tid=89331&author=Squatch]I think it's a little late to change your way of thinking if it's time for the burial:roll2:[/rquote]
    well... me too but I just wondered.......... The end always seems to make us all look back...... and forward to boot....... :rock::rock::2thumbsup:

7. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    I try not to think bout dying myself, but I'm Christian so I hope the good Lord takes me:innocent:

8. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    I dont think that any athiest who knows that they are dying dies an athiest.

9. catmech_99

catmech_99 New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    New Haven,MO
    We come into this life a miracle,why not go out in a miracle !!
    Just sayin !!
    Cat

10. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2003
    I was taught that its never to late to accept Jesus as the son of God and your savior as long as you have not rejected the existence of the Holy Spirit.

11. danceswithbooze

danceswithbooze New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    O\'Fallon
    I suppose that they have what ever type of burial their loved ones arrange for them since it is out of their control...being that they are dead and all:)

I think a more interesting question is what does a burial have to do with passing into the afterlife at all? If a "good christian" were to die is some godforsaken land and be buried there by their local savage customs does that really negate how that person lived his/her life? I'm thinking probably not.

I've been to an atheist's funeral in the past and can tell you that while Jesus or the holy spirit were never mentioned it was a very moving service that did touch on the afterlife and a higher power/god. You see, Atheism is a pretty broad (umbrella) term that captures most who don't believe/participate in organized religion. But that is not to say that they are not spiritual, or even that they believe in one god. I suppose some do and some don't.

This particular individual was very spiritual and lived his life and interacted with others in a manner that most Christians only aspire to in that he was selfless, charitable and treated others (regardless of creed) with respect, dignity and compassion. Ultimately, he gave his life in service to our country.

So do I believe that this person is living the good life wherever he has passed on to? Without a doubt in my mind. Regardless of the funeral type he had.:cheers:

12. lma

lma Active Member

Good question, MrB!:thinking:

13. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

I've never been to an atheist funeral. Dunno what that means, just thought I'd mention it. Maybe they don't have one?

14. SHORTSHOT

SHORTSHOT Active Member

Feb 24, 2009
    KANSAS CITY
    [rquote=1276255&tid=89331&author=Son_of_Cold_Duck]An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that the evolution had created. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!", he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing.

He ran even faster, so scared that tears were coming to his eyes. He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out "Oh my God!...."
    Time stopped.
    The bear froze.
    The forest was silent.
    Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all of these years; teach others I don't exist; and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as Christian now, but perhaps could you make the bear a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice.
    The light went out.
    The river ran again.
    And the sounds of the forest resumed.
    And then the bear dropped his right paw ..... brought both paws together...bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful...AMEN!"

Author Unknown
    [/rquote]
    THAT IS AWESOME:rock:

15. Big John

Big John Active Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Actually according to the Bible it is never to late to accept Christ and ask forgiveness, as for the original post by Mrb I would only say this I have never seen any cemeteries that were set aside only for atheists, nor have I seen an atheists only section in a cemetery. So I would guess that either their families have them buried christian or they are put in a garbage can and buried in the back yard next to rover..........:peepwall:

16. nastyjack63

nastyjack63 Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2006
    osage county
    There my be atheists at death but there are none when they stand before God for judgement. How they are buried is irrelevent.

17. yankee

yankee Senior Member

huh?????? what in the world..... i always thought PETA = ATHIEST...please don't change my views now