Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and shot the Fred Bear Instinct and I think thats the bow I'm gonna get. For $400 its about the best deal I think I can find, unless anyone has a better suggestion. My brother might have already mentioned it but I had to share my enthusiasm. Now the only part I have to do is save the money, that is proving to be a harder task than I'd first projected. But if I had to recommend a bow for a good price....thats it.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Good luck with that money thang Jarsmed...lol. I can't seem to save any either!!!! Sounds like a good bow for the money, just go git it!!!!!!

·
5,632 Posts
Don't listen to him Jared. You'll be shooting a recurve if he has his way!!:rotfl:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,024 Posts
I would get a hold of Randy Ward at In the Sticks archery (417-328-8594) and buy a Bowtech Tomkat. I think the price will be really close to the Fred Bear and in my opinion it's a lot better bow.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

BTH

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by JNH
i shot one of those at the archery shop too. and they are a real good shooter. i was very impressed with the quality and the price.:)
JNH, I shot this bow too and was also VERY impressed. I'm gonna have him look into that Tomkat. I've got a buddy that shoots one. I think JarJar shoots one of those also. I'm also gonna have him look at the Diamond Liberty, made by Bowtech. They're in the same price range.

Keep in mind that WHATEVER he buys is gonna be better than his 30 yr old Ben Pearson "longbow with wheels" as I like to call it!!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
hey, don't be insultin a good longbow now......lol......jarsmed, just borrow jmacs recurve...ya don't need no trainin wheels!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I like the Fred Bear over the Tomcat simply because of the single cam. I have a Fred Bear G2 that I got at the Bass Pro shop catalog return for 200 bucks without a scratch on it. Pretty quiet and shot three deer last year. I haven't shot the instinct or the tomcat but the limbs look more...parallel than the Tomcat. I suspect the Bowtechs are better bows and surely have better service than Fred Bear...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
I think JarJar shoots one of those [bowtech tomkat] also.
I sure do! And I love it! :dancin:

·
Your Local Know It All
7,024 Posts
BOWTECH, there's no comparison!! Whatever you shoot make sure to come for the MO Whitetails 3D shoot on June 3rd, training wheels or no training wheels. ;)

BTH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.