Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this young young ten pointer in our creek next to the county road yesterday. It had so much potential and i believe he was prob a year and a half by his tiny body and super skinny rack. It ticks me off so bad. Why would you poach a year and half old deer??? I guess they shot it and it ran off into the creek so they just left it there. It looked like a small caliber hole like a 223 or so. Im kinda surprised this is the first one i've found so far. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

[file]81160[/file]

[file]81158[/file]

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
My buddy had one shot the same way early this fall down in Frankinstien, buddy gave a desciption of the truck and the GW said its the same guy he's been trying to catch in the act for 3 years. Really sucks cause that was probably the best deer around his place

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Tis a shame for sure. There was a buck with its head cut off on the farm my bro and I went to this past weekend. Its a shame slobs like that exist.

·
Registered
17,097 Posts
[rquote=1487649&tid=103930&author=mathewsshooter89]GoGop, considering my family owns or leases pretty much the whole county road, yes, i would consider it poached. [/rquote]

Pretty much?????
So your not 100% sure...

shame shame:stirpot:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I dont Blame you if you dont wanna tell me, but I'd Like to here the description of that truck that shot the deer in Frankenstein

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand, and i dont think anyone in the area hunts with a .223 or 22-250 with hollow points. It was just a big hole about two inches deep. What a shame

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
[rquote=1487657&tid=103930&author=GoGop]Ahhh, I've just seen lots of posts lately where every dead deer is automatically considered poached. :wave:[/rquote]

I agree 100 pecent with Gogop on this one. A dead deer with a bullet wound doesn't mean it was poached...far from it matter of fact. Folks are way to quick to assume that just because a deer is found dead that it was poached. You need to keep in mind that a wounded deer can run for miles if the shot wasn't in a spot that would be immediatly fatal.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=1487668&tid=103930&author=archer66][rquote=1487657&tid=103930&author=GoGop]Ahhh, I've just seen lots of posts lately where every dead deer is automatically considered poached. :wave:[/rquote]

I agree 100 pecent with Gogop on this one. A dead deer with a bullet wound doesn't mean it was poached...far from it matter of fact. Folks are way to quick to assume that just because a deer is found dead that it was poached. You need to keep in mind that a wounded deer can run for miles if the shot wasn't in a spot that would be immediatly fatal.
[/rquote]

But before you go judging if its just a wounded deer that ran for miles and died in our creek, dont you kinda need to know the situation? If i found a dead deer anywere besides this paticular spot i would think it coulda just been wounded but this was no wound shot this is the work of a poacher. :cheers:

·
27,514 Posts
[rquote=1487642&tid=103930&author=GoGop]Someone's deer ran off and you call them a poacher? :eek:[/rquote]

Same thing I was thinking Kurt.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,953 Posts
Well, I agree with the title of the thread. I do hate poachers, they are so :lame:

But, I reckon it'd be hard to say without a doubt that this one in particular was poached.......:shrug:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I dont blame Matthewsshooter for jumping to conclusions. There seems to be a lot more deer killed by poachers in our area than ever before. Espcially more Younger kids who shoot, and will just leave the deer if they realize its not what they expected.

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
[rquote=1487707&tid=103930&author=callaojoe]Well, I agree with the title of the thread. I do hate poachers, they are so :lame:

But, I reckon it'd be hard to say without a doubt that this one in particular was poached.......:shrug:[/rquote]

agree 100% Callaojoe!

and deer can run for miles and heck probably even 100's of miles but they don't they run until they feel safe, then they could bed up, rest, feed whatever, but that deer was probably not shot more than a couple hundred yards away by someone.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Poachers suck!!!

Step dad pulled a nice 8 point out of our creek 10 days before rifle season with a hole through its lower neck!!!!!!:mad2::mad2: What really sucks is the deer was about 2 miles from the nearest road!!! Had the same neighbors for a while never known them to do something like this before hoping some one shot it from the road and he just made it that far, or died up stream and floated down!!!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I hate poachers too . But this sounds more like the case of an unrecovered,wounded deer shot by another hunter , because they left the deer .

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
[rquote=1487649&tid=103930&author=mathewsshooter89]GoGop, considering my family owns or leases pretty much the whole county road, yes, i would consider it poached. [/rquote]

Probably just a crappy hunter in your own party that won't admit it. Owed ya that one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts