Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does everything seem to happen while I'm at work? Talked to baby doll last night about 8 or so and asked her how her evening was going. Not to well she says, been trying to get the kitchen sink unclogged. So I get home this morning and after a bite to eat and a little rest, I start taking the trap apart. Ran a short snake down it and nothing. Make a few calls and find a Rigid electric model and I get it to the house a bit before noon. Tried to run it down the sink stub but of course it wouldn't make the 90 degree bend:mad2::mad2:. Soooo, under the house I go to hit it from another angle. I find a place downstream to seperate the pipe, well actually I ended up having to cut it with a hacksaw. Drag the maching under the house, bang my head countless times and after getting the extension cord for the work light AND my pants leg caught up in the snake, I finally got it heading towards the clog. 10 minutes later I'm flushing out big chunks of "stuff". Did this 4 or 5 times and all seemed okay. Got everything put back together under the house and was going up top to put the sink trap back together and the wife says its allready done!! Gotta love a woman who can put the plumbing back together.:bowing: Anyways, she runs some water down the sink and its draining...............sorta. She tries the plunger and while I'm under the house I hear water running/splashing on the dirt. Uh oh. Turns out that it was leaking back up between the sink drop and the black plastic pipe. Once the pressue was off, it quit leaking so I can live with that. Well crap, thought we had it fixed but NOOooooo.

Take a break for some lunch and then its back under the house to tear it all apart again. This time I run the snake all the way to the sink drop and then the other direction towards the main sewage line. Sure enough, LOTS of gunk blocking the line at a T connection. Got that taken care of, buttoned it all back up and ran lots of hot water down her and she's running like the mighty MO!!. Sure wasn't the way I wanted to spend my day but we prolly saved ourselves at least a hundred bucks, maybe more. Couldn't have done it without the wife, as ole Barney Fife says, she's da cats!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
thats pretty cool :rock:
my wife, the only thing she know how too do is run her trap,not fix one

G

·
Originally posted by Bricky
Hmmmmmm...........I think that I am going to print this out and send it to her :thinking:

:cheers:

·
White Board Man
14,380 Posts
:rof2: and how.:hysterical::hysterical:

·
Honey Badger Phat Sack
10,486 Posts
Had a frozen pipe at one of the rental houses yesterday. By the time I showed it had thawed and all was good and I showed the guy what to do so that would not happen again.

thank goodness as I am no plumber. Hate sweatin pipe....

·
King of Callaway
42,639 Posts
Originally posted by Big_Bullseye
thank goodness as I am no plumber. Hate sweatin pipe....
I've strated only sweating what I can put together outside then slip a compression fitting (shark bite is the brand) on each end to attach to the existing pipe. The fittings are expensive but I ain't no plumber either and by the time I get crawled to the dad burn leak all I want is to fix it and get out :cheers:

·
PURE KILLER
37,999 Posts
if there is one thing in the world i hate is PLUMBING,i mean with a passion.i despise it in the worst way.i hate ,i hate it, i hate it.you really have me ticked off:stickfight::mad2:did i mention i have a faucet dripping and the wife nagging me.man i hate plumbing,dang it i am gonna mix me a drink here in a bit:cheers:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
i feel your pain bro. we have an upstairs bathtub that is dead set on driving me to insanity:peepwall::sniper: the drain gasket is leaking AGAIN, and this is after i had taken it apart and used new gaskets and sealer in all the right places. it lasts about 2-3 showers then starts dripping water into the kitchen again. i had to go so far as to cut an access panel in the drywall on the other side of the tub so could access the plumbing fittings easier and it still leaks.

·
King of Callaway
42,639 Posts
Originally posted by blevely
:rof2: and how.:hysterical::hysterical:
Yep :drunk:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts