Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A man's parking space should be a sacred thing, and mine got stolen.:mad2::mad2::mad2: Nothing makes me madder!

Unfortunately, I won't shoot one this close to the road, it makes one look bad, even if it DOES make the drag a lot easier.:innocent:

[file]80097[/file]

·
Grrrrrrr
29,950 Posts
Is that at your home or your hunting spot. If its at your hunting spot I can relate.....Spend the day hunting, don't see any deer...and then get back to the truck and there are deer hanging out next to your truck.

Had it happen turkey hunting a couple years ago.....got back to the truck and there was a gobbler in the woods not 50 yards from my truck.

·
Deer Gear Collecter
3,763 Posts
After spending a week bow hunting, I was talking to the land owner about not seeing as many deer and I have in the past. He told me I was hunting in the wrong spot. He went on to explain, that several times when I had parked in his yard and went hunting, he had seen 5 deer feeding around my truck. Only problem is there's not a very good place for a stand.

·
Registered
13,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I WAS going to hunt there opening morning, but the previous owner was already hunting there (my nephew bought the place last year, and the previous owner "forgot" that when you sell a place, it's not yours to hunt on, any more.:mad2: )

It wasn't my place to fuss at the guy, that's up to my nephew, he owns the 80 now. That guy still has 160 acres across the fence, and told my nephew that he could hunt there all he likes, so Larry's sorta in a quandary about what to do.

That guy WAS parked right where these little does were, on opening morning.

·
Grrrrrrr
29,950 Posts
Man that just slays me...the things folks do.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I remember trying to work a turkey one year & couldn't get him to move. Ended up walking back to my truck & there was one strutting in the road right behind it. One of those "seriously?" moments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts