I hate blinds!......

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Mastevt, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Mastevt

Mastevt Strutt Buster

Apr 16, 2009
    Grain Valley
    But it's the only way to take a youngster hunting. So I bought a new one yesterday at BP for Trevor to hunt in this year since he now wants to go. Deer camp just increased by 1! LOL.:banana-man-yeah: I hope he bags one with me by his side. If he takes one this year, it will be his first. He hasn't gone the last couple of years because of lack of interest, so I'm excited he's giving it another go. Here's a couple Pics of his set up.
    [file]145801[/file]
    [file]145803[/file]

2. Looks great my only suggestion is to brush it in a whole lot better. make it look like a big ol brush pile and they will never pay it no attention.

Hope like all get out he bags a good un

3. BMoeller

BMoeller Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
  4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Yep.. brush it in... looks like some stuff layin right next to it that'd work!

5. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Leave the windows open that you would normally have open if you're in it. That way the deer get used to that look instead of seeing the window closed and then the window open. They'll figure it out.

6. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    cut all those cedars down and put them in front of it cause theyre already there the deer wont notice

7. GTOHunter

GTOHunter Well-Known Member

Go down several feet/yards away from the blind and cut off a few more Cedar Tree branches and brush them into the blind a little more and your good to go! :thinking: :cheers:

8. Z7shooter237

Z7shooter237 Member

Sep 29, 2010
    looks like a good spot:cheers:

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    [rquote=1878540&tid=130841&author=venatic]Leave the windows open that you would normally have open if you're in it. That way the deer get used to that look instead of seeing the window closed and then the window open. They'll figure it out.[/rquote]
    Yop and leave the winders in the back closed... they will see you moving in there or see your silhouette.
    Keep it black in the back. :D

10. brad7623

brad7623 Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Arnold
    I think it's fine mine is in the woods next to a very large very old tree not brushed in all that much just a few limbs hanging over it. Windows do need to be open tho and my first day in it a big 8 pointer came without a care in the world. I then found out it's to small to now hint out of but eh.. Lol will be good for rifle season. My opinion

Brad

11. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    Clip some brush and surround the blind with it.

12. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Word to the wise....Don't do like I did this past winter. I left my best hub style pop up in the woods until mid February. Needless to say we had a real wet snow and it busted four of the fiberglass poles. Those poles ripped holes through the canvas big time. It's in the city dump now.

As for yours....like the others have said...brush it in with some cedars in the foreground.