i got in trouble this morning

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by coyotehunter, Apr 9, 2006.

1. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    took the daughter out this morning,was setting in the blind watching a hen trying to beat up my newly mounted hen when a jake walked up to get in on the action.i asked her if she wanted to shoot it or wait till a longbeard came out.she opted for a long beard so i decided to take some picture.well i got in front of her and looked to my left and there stood a gobbler no more than four foot away from the blind in full strut.he has slipped in from behind us.well i tried to get out of her way but in the process i stepped on the 20 ounce empty coffe cup and it made a heck of a racket which spooked the bird and then when my daughter heard the noise she kinda gave me a push and a evileye.but i had not recovered from the coffe cupand was still off balance and lets just say i tried a make a new door in the blind walls which made all the turks take out like heck.we didn''t get no turkey but i bet she will remember this hunt forever.i think i heard say a cussword but she denies it.well i am in the doghouse for sure.promised her she could skip school on opening day of regular season if she doesn't have any test seemed to cheer her up some.what can i say sh@t happens.:horse:

2. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Oops...

Oh well ~ crap occurs :wink:

3. MoBowman

MoBowman New Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    :hysterical: Couldn't get the gobbler outside the blind because of the turkey inside the blind:hysterical::hysterical:

Great story yote, tell your daughter to hang in there, her bird is coming:cheers:

MoBowman ```---------->

4. sand_manms

sand_manms New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    South Mississippi
    :rotfl::rotfl::wink::rotfl::rotfl:

5. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Yup, like Forest Gump said, "Sh!t Happens."

6. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    LOL...:rotfl:

I am sure that you felt like a total :ass: but man that is funny stuff right there!

Tell your daughter I wish her all the best opening day of reguar season!

7. Hotrod

Hotrod Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Mexico,MO
    That has to be the funnyest story that I have heard in awhile.Come on Coyotehunter keepim coming .:rotfl:That one is makeing my back hurt.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::ass:

8. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    coyotehunter man that is a :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: story!! I hate dem sneaky Toms myself.

Jack

9. turk2di

turk2di New Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Western Ky
    Dang that Murphy!:mad2:

10. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

If only there was a video camera rollin !!!

11. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri
    I dang near blew it for my boy on saturday morning. The way we set up, there was a little dip in the road about where I thought the tom was gonna come out of the woods so I stayed standing up behind the trees he was sitting against with my head between the two trees so I could talk to him. I figured this would let me see the turkey when he couldnt and help prepare him for the shot and the trees were covering me pretty well. Well, when the tom did as many toms do and did something I didnt plan on by trying to skirt around us, he was about to get a good profile of me from the side right before Dustin busted him.

12. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Now that right there is funny.

Sorry for the bad luck, maybe you two can tag team a couple opening day.