Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Former Chicken Man
20,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hunt almost exclusively here at home (under 10 acres), and see plenty of deer until opening day of the November season, when neighbors down in the bottoms shoot/scare them before they come up to pass through my place. I'm hoping to take advantage of more opportunities, so I recently sold a shotgun and bought this crossbow. I'm also going to get one of those single Primos shooting sticks, because I sold my first crossbow years ago due to them being too front-heavy for me to hold them up and steady.

·
Under appreciated
92,426 Posts
That should work, although I can never see your pictures however you host them.

·
Trapper Groupie
7,750 Posts
Bought my daughter the trigger stick and it works.But I wish I would have bought her the bipod trigger stick.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,366 Posts
Good luck with it this year Kurt.

I think @Big L said, I would have gone with the bipod trigger stick. I got the single one and with my son's crossbow, keeping it steady can be challenging.

20' approved!

·
Former Chicken Man
20,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, everyone. I tried a bipod shooting stick once, with a rifle, and I had more trouble trying to use it. I couldn't move along with a deer, because it's too much to move. With a single one I can just lean it a bit, but with a bipod I have to lift the stick and my crutch with my left hand, while holding the gun/crossbow with my right. Even while sitting, I'd have to lift and move something with each arm at the same time. I can't physically do that. I appreciate the suggestions though. :cool:

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Those 2 shots would result in a dead deer. Hope you get one Kurt.

Reactions: 67Firebird
1 - 16 of 16 Posts