Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope the rain let's up so we can get across the creek, I get to hunt the core area of this stud tomorrow!!!! He was still alive as of 11/25!

1/9 - we had three of us posted up and had a good friend do a push for us.......well I had about 10 deer come past me within 3 -5 yards and he passed by me at 120 or so:whinging: had a jacked up 3.5, a 2.5 8 pt. and 6 1.5 year olds, shot the "big doe with the yearling, bad news is it was a shed buck:cool3: bummer for sure, he had small pedicles but durnit!!!!! i was looking for bumps or pedicles as there was one shed buck without hardware traveling with the pack that passed me. well this ain't catch and release.

That wide dude was with two other bnice bucks! Heshould be an absolute giant next season!!!!!

we did 3 drives total and arrowed 3 total, 2 other real does:cheers:

[file]84040[/file]

·
Registered
23,529 Posts
Too bad he's got all that inedible antler on his head. :D Probably just scratch up your truck trying to load him, might as well saw em off and leave em in the woods. :claphands:

Oh, and good luck! :cheers:

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one buddy had him at forty and the other buddy had him at 20 yrd threee times one morning, but in a thicket-no shot they said he is HUGE!

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1508261&tid=105189&author=Modeerhunter]Too bad he's got all that inedible antler on his head. :D Probably just scratch up your truck trying to load him, might as well saw em off and leave em in the woods. :claphands:

Oh, and good luck! :cheers:[/rquote]

yeah good point if he wals by with aspike or doe I will shoot them because I sure hate to have all that extra meat and big handles to drag it out with:D

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
:pop: im waitin for more pics....dead!!
good luck:D

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Yep, lot's of meat on that one. Should keep you and the family well-fed for a while! :woot:

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[rquote=1508274&tid=105189&author=cshoff]Yep, lot's of meat on that one. Should keep you and the family well-fed for a while! :woot:[/rquote]

lol, i guess i'll have to shoot him if he shows up, maybe just field dress and quarter him there and leave the antlers:D

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[rquote=1508278&tid=105189&author=SHEDZILLA]Got any out of velvet pics?[/rquote]

we don't, not sure why the cameras aren't still out there. buddy has killed some bigguns and he was flat out excited about him. I have two other angles of him in velvet but they are at the office, may be on a thread earlier in the year but I am not that savvy with the searches. this guy is living a charmed life, we had him at 20 yards last year as well and he broke right to a run instead of taking the needed 2 more steps:whinging:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yep, I would do the opposite of poacher, cut the head off and leave it lay and take the body. Really who would want something that ugly hanging from a wall in your house, comeon.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Bucks have been on their feet the last few days. I saw 2 shooters from the stand 2 nights ago and i saw a 130 class 8pt (and 2 small bucks) bumping a doe this morning

get in his house and kill him!

·
CROSSBOW HATER!
48,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[rquote=1508309&tid=105189&author=SHEDZILLA]Bucks have been on their feet the last few days. I saw 2 shooters from the stand 2 nights ago and i saw a 130 class 8pt (and 2 small bucks) bumping a doe this morning

get in his house and kill him![/rquote]

we'll have 3 of us fanned out so we'll see, I am pretty sure he is 5.5 so he has seen our game before as two hunters, but never 3 of us......it would take everything I have to keep it together if he presents a shot:praying:(I don't really use prayers on deer)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts