I found a....

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by starbux, Apr 17, 2006.

1. starbux

starbux Well-Known Member

Big ol' dead gobbler yesterday when I was out callin' for a buddy. He was on the creekbank and quite smelly. I hope someone didn't shoot him from across the creek and decide it wasn't worth gettin' wet to get him (it was on state ground). He had 1" spurs and a double beard....approx. 10" and 6". That sux.

2. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    That blows! So is that the only bird you seen?

3. starbux

starbux Well-Known Member

No, I went with my buddy and his wife Sat. We went on a 'wild turkey' chase following two toms for about 2 miles each way after flydown and when we got back to the truck, there were two toms and a hen in a field nearby. We got set up in front of them and I called one to about 25 yards in front of us. Unfortunately, his wife couldn't hold the gun up long enough and had to move to get it up when he popped over the hill. She learned quickly how much you can move...none at all! Both he and I coulda wacked him. I didn't have a gun and he wanted his wife to connect so he slipped away.
    Yesterday, we found the same two toms from flydown the day prior and they were seriously henned up. We tried a stalk and got busted. It got windy and sunny and I had to go to church so that was the end of it.