I finally finished sighting in my MkII

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by 67Firebird, Nov 7, 2010.

1. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

I got it close when I first put this new sight on, and today I went out and finished the job. Now I know which setting works best for me, but I still need to do more shooting just to be completely familiar with it.
    After I'd sighted it in, I was doing some target shooting and noticed a squirrel up in the trees behind the targets. I stopped shooting, hoping it would come down where I could get a safe shot, but it stayed up high. I waited a while, then went back to shooting.

[file]146715[/file] [file]146716[/file]

2. htredneck

htredneck Active Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    I don't know how to tell you this, but your Ruger has a tumor on it!

3. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

:D I got it cheap, used, from a guy on AR15.com. ($30 total). I wanted to try one, and so far I'm liking it. I think it'll help with some of my problems focusing on anything close. :cheers:

4. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
  5. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

Might want to keep an eye on whether or not it turns completly off.

I had 2 Muellers and when you turned them off it would still have a very faint dot which will drain the battery. I'm told from several people that's something that can happen with all brands of these sights.

6. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

You're right; I've already noticed that happening. When I turn it off, I always do a visual check just to be sure. :wave:

7. Curtis

Curtis Active Member

Mine wouldn't turn off at all unless the battery was removed - there was no checking :mad2: