Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
I've gotten the Flu Shot for the past 4 or 5 years...no problem so far?I think if You wait too long into Winter Your going to get the Flu so the shot needs to be given early before You get into the Flu Season! :thinking: :shrug:

Too many People out practicing Poor Hygene,not washing their hands,touching everything after they sneeze,the list goes on and on!:mad2: :stickfight: :D :wave: <~~~~ I washed my hands before I even started waving! :whistle: :D

·
Registered
69,518 Posts
[rquote=2361174&tid=164611&author=GTOHunter]
Too many People out practicing Poor Hygene,not washing their hands,touching everything after they sneeze,the list goes on and on!:mad2: :stickfight: :D :wave: <~~~~ I washed my hands before I even started waving! :whistle: :D [/rquote]

I try my best to wash my hands as much as possible. While I'm at work and need to visit the Mens Room I can't understand how some guys can come in and do their business sitting or standing and walk out the door without washing their hands. I make it a habit of washing my hands with soap and water each time I use a public restroom and grab an extra paper towel to open the door with when leaving. If there isn't a trash can within reach I leave the towel on the floor just inside the door. I can't understand why they don't build the rest rooms with doors that simply push out when leaving.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Your so right Mailman...or since they have the Automatic toilets that flush and the Automatic faucets that run water when You put your hands under them...why not have an Automatic Door that opens so You don't contaminate Your hands again after washing them and leaving the bathroom? :mad2: :eek: :thinking:

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
[rquote=2358365&tid=164611&author=archer66]Any vaccine carries some risk of actually giving you what you are being vaccinated against.....but it's a worthwhile risk to prevent rampant spread by successfully vaccinating the public.

[/rquote]

Agreed, but in this case, isnt it a "killed" virus? :confused:

Satch? Anybody? I could be wrong here....

·
8,793 Posts
Shot is a killed virus

The spray is a live virus, won't let my kids even try that one. if they get the vaccine, it is in a shot.

Last year they were two of three in the whole school to get the shot. That is their preference this year as well.

·
Under appreciated
88,056 Posts
Never a shot, got the flu once.

Course, I bowl overhand too.

·
Anti-Clique
842 Posts
[rquote=2358231&tid=164611&author=Big L]Lots of stories about hospitals having to rinse out needles and reuse them.Most of the lack of funds at hospitals go back to the illegals gettin free health care[/rquote]

Hope you meant this as a joke, cause it is not happening. Would never get away with it.

·
Banned
24,573 Posts
[rquote=2358212&tid=164611&author=curtism1234]:cool3:

Had to get bloodwork done yesterday so I figured I might as well get the shot since I was getting poked a few times anyway.

I went to bed super early last night (which seemed odd). Today I'm tired, achy, and mild sore throat.

I hope I feel better tomorrow, I have a hot date :D[/rquote]

You probably had the flu before you got the shot.

Just wash your hands before your date, everything will be just fine. :D

·
Anti-Clique
842 Posts
Oh ya, and to the original post, duh. They already knew that. Not everyone gets sick, but apercentage does. Heck, the just put the flu virus into you.

·
Registered
32,178 Posts
[rquote=2361136&tid=164611&author=Satch]Work at a hospital and it's real simple. Get the shot or wear a mask from Oct-Jan.

I feel like crap for a few days and usually get something that knocks me out of work for a couple of days, but I am not wearing a stupid mask for that long.[/rquote]

Did they change their policy? I though it was get the flu shot, or don't work for us anymore.

·
Trapper Groupie
7,706 Posts
[rquote=2361731&tid=164611&author=MFKAS][rquote=2358231&tid=164611&author=Big L]Lots of stories about hospitals having to rinse out needles and reuse them.Most of the lack of funds at hospitals go back to the illegals gettin free health care[/rquote]

Hope you meant this as a joke, cause it is not happening. Would never get away with it.[/rquote]

Of course its a joke

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
I have never had the flue, nor have my boys. We have also never gotten the flue vaccination.

My wife had the flue one season, the year she had to get the flue vaccination for work, daycare. The next season when they said she had to get it again she put it off almost mid flue season. She dint get sick once. She chose to quite the job instead of getting another forced vaccination and be sick the whole winter on and off.

If the school district ever makes flue vacations mandatory for kids enrolled in school to be able to attend. Then my boys will be home schooled.

·
Registered
32,178 Posts
[rquote=2363050&tid=164611&author=Longbow26] I have never had the flue, nor have my boys. We have also never gotten the flue vaccination.

My wife had the flue one season, the year she had to get the flue vaccination for work, daycare. The next season when they said she had to get it again she put it off almost mid flue season. She dint get sick once. She chose to quite the job instead of getting another forced vaccination and be sick the whole winter on and off.

If the school district ever makes flue vacations mandatory for kids enrolled in school to be able to attend. Then my boys will be home schooled. [/rquote]

When I was in elementary school, they used to walk us acrossed the street to the City Hall to get the Vaccinations. I'm sure they had to have parental consent!

·
4,670 Posts
My Father in law received two Flu shots in his life. First time he was deathly ill for two weeks. This was many many years ago.
He never got another one and never did have the flu again.

He goes in to the hospital my wife informs them that he is allergic to the flu shot DO NOT give him one. Of course they said
that was a foolish idea. They gave him one... died a few hours later that day. Went from doing ok to NOT in an instant!
Same as he did previously.

Why the heck are they so pushy on vaccines.

·
Registered
69,518 Posts
My Father in law received two Flu shots in his life. First time he was deathly ill for two weeks. This was many many years ago.

He goes in to the hospital my wife informs them that he is allergic to the flu shot DO NOT give him one. Of course they said
that was a foolish idea. They gave him one... died a few hours later that day. Went from doing ok to NOT in an instant!

Have you contacted a lawyer? You are gonna be rich!!

·
Registered
22,019 Posts

OMG, that is terrible! I would want to crack a skull or two!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Holy necro-thread lol.

Never gotten the 'flu shot' and never will. Same with my wife. I've never had the flu in 40 years of life. My wife picked it up in I believe it was December 2019 (maybe it was actually the 'rona ). I didn't get it an neither did our daughter, and we both had close contact until it was confirmed for sure she had the flu, and even just being in the same building carries a higher risk of transmission, so...

21 - 40 of 66 Posts