Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don\'t care how long you\'ve done something, complaceny can get ya hurt.

I've been running a tablesaw for well over 25 years. It's almost like second nature to me. Dad always said when ya weren't skeered of your motorcycle anymore was when you were going to get hurt. That pretty well applies to my tablesaw as well.

This morning, I was making a routine rip & was in a hurry to get done & on my way to the jobsite. Fortunately, nothing real bad happened, but I sure got a real eye opener. Had a very severe kickback that literally ripped the 3' board from my hands. Drew blood on both thumbs when it was tore from my hands. Fortunately, at least one of the shop safety rules that was drummed in my head in high school stayed with me. "Do not stand directly behind the blade". Otherwise, I woulda had that board right in the face , cause the front of the board was lifted & slammed into the wall behind me.

Had to utter a few words to the man above, then go change my drawers.:rof2:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
PW,
I got hit by a board that someone else let get away 1 time & I swore that I was kicked by a mule !! Glad You didn't come up short !!

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Man that stuff can happen fast. I've got the tip gone from one of my fingers from a jointer kick back. Lucky that was all it was.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Modeerhunter
Originally posted by pinwheel
complaceny can get ya hurt.
I remember that every time I go sticking my hands into a 460 volt electrical panel.
I'm normally very conscientious about moving blades. I literally envision them as glowing red in my minds eye & when my hands get close, I'm very aware of where the blade is. 2 days of being sick didn't do me any favors this morning. Just wasn't mentally there.

·
Registered
69,553 Posts
Been there Done that......sure put a scare in ya real quick.

Glad you just shed a few drops of blood and no damage to your face. God knows you are ugly enough as it is now.

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Mailman
Glad you just shed a few drops of blood and no damage to your face. God knows you are ugly enough as it is now.
:rof2::rof2::rof2: I was wondering which one of you smart elics were going to come up with that first.:rof2::rof2:

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
From the Master Norm Abrahms And just remember there is no more important rule than to wear these. Safety glasses

·
19,584 Posts
Whew...glad to hear that all ended well! :eek:

Originally posted by pinwheel

Dad always said when ya weren't skeered of your motorcycle anymore was when you were going to get hurt. That pretty well applies to my tablesaw as well.
My Dad always said, "Just when you think you know all there is to know, you're due for a whole new education" (referring to firearm safety).

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Great reminder Randy, glad you're alright. Chainsaws tend to teach those same valuable lessons. I know that I have had some close calls trying to keep the woodshed stocked up.

·
17,685 Posts
Glad your ok and thanks for the advice. Someone was for sure watching over you:innocent:

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
try using a razor sharp flesher wheel with a slippery wet hide sometime,it keeps things exciting.i'm with mm glad yah didn't hurt your face anymore:D

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Glad ya came out of that one ok....seems Jenny does enuff of your work around there!!!!

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
Glad ya came out of that one ok....seems Jenny does enuff of your work around there!!!!
but i bet he still milks it for all it's worth:thinking:

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Originally posted by coyotehunter
Originally posted by fireman_3311
but i bet he still milks for all it's worth:thinking:
Come on Honey, it's stickin out like a SORE THUMB....LOL

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
Originally posted by coyotehunter
try using a razor sharp flesher wheel with a slippery wet hide sometime,it keeps things exciting.i'm with mm glad yah didn't hurt your face anymore:D
dats my motto: NEVER try using a razor sharp flesher wheel wif a slippery wet hide, NEVER NEVER NEVER !!:rules::rules:

i dont think i even want to know what that is !:cheers:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,865 Posts
Glad your not seriously hurt....:2thumbsup:

That's how I almost cut my finger off several years ago.... Field dressing a deer, just like how I'd done 30 or more before..... Knife slipped, and 10 weeks of rehab later.......:whinging:

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Glad it worked out and your'e not busted up too bad Randy!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts