Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing all the sweet pics on here and drooling for the past couple weeks, I got all lathered up in bugs spray and yesterday waded through the 5 foot tall weeds to get to my camera site. I got my camera last year for Christmas and had a lot of fun with it after the season was closed. I have 11 different bucks on camera that I know are in the area so I cant wait to see who is still around. There is on 10 point runnin around that my homeboy seen that he claimed has a 22 inch inside spread so we will see if he shows up. I will check it in a week or two and start postin up when I get somethin worthy of gracing this sites pages.

I set it up over a new mineral lick in a cedar bedding area.

How long till the bucks start hittin it???

I guess I should start prayin for rain!

It is in StL County wonderfully close to Babler State park (where the big boys are allowed to grow old and die with only a managed hunt now and then to pose a threat to them)

·
Under appreciated
92,555 Posts
I've only had my loaner cam out for 3 days and I'm itchin to go get that card!

The anticipation is killin me.

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Rat, I know, last February I tried to make it a week without checkin but the best I ever did was five days.

It should be a bit easier now with my schedule will make it hard for me to get to it except for Saturdays.

It is kinda like when I was a kid I would always leave a pole out on the dock at Kentucky Lake baited up with a chair layin over it. It was like Christmas morning every time I went down to the dock to check it. Now I have my trail camera to go check.....I just hope it doesnt get stolen!!!!It is buryied in the deep woods pretty good.....prolly why Ive been seein so many nice deer up there.

·
Under appreciated
92,555 Posts
Yep yep...

Babler should be a prime spot. Please share the pics when you getem, will ya?

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know it Rat...........

Just want to clarify so's the state dont come after me, I dont hunt on Babler, Just reeeel close by:D. I got a good buddy who has about 70 acres that bumps up to babler in spots.

·
Under appreciated
92,555 Posts
I'd say he would be a REAL good buddy of yours then. great spot.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
sounds like a nice area to hunt,trying to get permission to hunt property just to the right of 40 and the boones bridge on the st charles side ,I am just jealous ,of course the wife would never see me if I was that close to home :D

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have posted this pic before. Here is what walked by at 9 am the first morning I hunted there last year. I ended up having a much bigger 8 point walk under me the Thursday before gunseason opened, so I know there are some bigger boys runnin around. Tons on does for the freezer too.

He is a reeeeeeeel good buddy fo sho.

Attachments

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,684 Posts
I'm lookin forward to some pics. I know what you mean, I can't hardly wait 2-3 days sometimes to check my cams. The next 3 weeks, I've double & triple booked jobs, so I won't be able to get out there at the drop of a hat

Nice bowkill.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Arrow-1 I took a real nice 9pt on the Babler hunt last year. Sounds like an awsome piece of ground.

I've trail cam pics of deer hitting the mineral the same night I put it out.

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rakman! Lets see some pics of the 9 pt!

Lets hear the cliff notes on the kill too.....pretty nice accomplishment....tag two does and then get a buck.....nice goin!:wave:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,354 Posts
There are some real nice areas out there by Babler that would be great for deer hunting. I always keep hoping that I'd see some out there when I I'm driving through.

We were camping at Babler Memorial Day weekend one year, and I woke up early every morning listening to the turkeys gobbling. I even got to see a couple of them walking through down on the bike trail.

Nice deer that you have there Arrow-1!

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
i havn't gave in yet,but beginning to weaken,keep trying to hold out till their done,buti don't know if i can make it:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.