Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
SHED ON
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering really hard about going goose hunting with some buddies of mine.

I am not sure what the world is coming to

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
:peepwall: My family is trying to drag me into it too. I don't know what the world is coming to........

Parker

·
SHED ON
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love my deer hunting and I am just scared that I will like it. I cant afford any other hobbies and I am to nice and pleasant of a person to be a puddle pirate

·
Registered
14,245 Posts
Kind of like Christmas morning every time ya duck hunt.:claphands::claphands:

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Originally posted by doublelunger
I love my deer hunting and I am just scared that I will like it. I cant afford any other hobbies and I am to nice and pleasant of a person to be a puddle pirate
Thats exactly why I've been draggin my feet on it.By the way it aint Whitetail addict trying to get you to go is it?He's been hittin pretty hard I heard.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
:thinking: Is da Honey Hole a natural occuring body of water, or is it a built pond? :thinking: Wonder if that should be considered a duck bait plot?????? :thinking:

Parker

·
SHED ON
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by battman1
Thats exactly why I've been draggin my feet on it.By the way it aint Whitetail addict trying to get you to go is it?He's been hittin pretty hard I heard.
No its not him but I work with a bunch of fowlers and they are buggin' me hard

·
13,319 Posts
Tell MrB, he will have to change the name here from MWT to MWF
Welcome to Missouri Waterfowlers

:woot::woot::superman::peepwall::peepwall::rof2:

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
poor guy:Di know their friends and all, but just say no:peepwall:

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Doublelunger you go and do it goose hunting is fun but sometime is is so miserable you don't even want to be there. Sometime it is over so fast you can't believe you were even there. Every now and again and it doesn't happen often enough everything is nice and easy and the birds aren't working heavy but there is consistant shooting for several hours. The dogs work flawlessly, the ground is frozen and easy to walk on, the sun is out and warm but not warm enough to turn the ground into mud, the geese potato chip from upon high and drop in, everyone shoots amazingly and laughter abounds at this. Those are the days that will hook ya, avoid going on those days.:rof2: If the fellas have all the gear all you need is a cheapo' field blind and shells to shoot. They will let you get by with that for a couple of seasons without razzing you. If you need a backup gun let me know I'm off M=F weekly:eek:: Lastly if you do go and want to try some ducks locally on your own you can come by and get some dekes from me for free. I have bags of the I don't even use.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,865 Posts
I am considering really hard about going goose hunting with some buddies of mine.

I am not sure what the world is coming to
Just cause you do a lil waterfowlin, don't mean you have to act like your brain damaged afterward...... That's optional....

My first love in hunting was ducks & geese, and I still thoroughly enjoy it when I get to go now...

My dad always said, you don't have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, but it sure helps.... I think you've seen evidence of that on this forum.....:D

Good luck, and have fun..... Whether yer blastin away at the bombers or the fighters, it's all fun....:2thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts