Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
maybe it's a younger generation thing about wanting to be the victim of something, or always thinking someone out there is trying to shut you down. Too much Facebook and video games. I'm going to go play my commodore 64 now.
Come off it. You literally replied "google the answer yourself". I'm not pouting, I'm calling it like I see it. Have a good one!

Registered
Anything else? I'll be glad to answer...with details that will probably make your eyes glaze over. I'm pretty good at that, unfortunately....:(

That's awesome. I'm familiar with reloading dies since I do that for everything I shoot. I'm frugal. I come from a machinist background and couldn't figure out how you were using the term drilling and dies! Confused the heck out of me and thank you for clarifying.

M脙隆istir an pointe hocht.
Very nice Vic, cool addition to the collection. 馃憤馃徎

Reactions: sharps4590

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Thank you Pat! The....ummmm...accumulation has grown since you and Mike last saw it...:giggle:

That's awesome. I'm familiar with reloading dies since I do that for everything I shoot. I'm frugal. I come from a machinist background and couldn't figure out how you were using the term drilling and dies! Confused the heck out of me and thank you for clarifying.
Probably similar to someone speaking "AR" to me, my eyes DO glaze over....lol! It's like most things, they all have their own language. Once you can speak the language, you're half way there.

I have to reload for probably 80% of what I have if I'm going to shoot them. Some of my stuff hasn't had factory ammo available since before WWI and most of it never available in the US. Heck of loading is, as you know, many of the components are unobtanium and "choke a mule" expensive if they are.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes you did and, I still have some in their once fired, virgin state...and thank you again. How long ago was that? If I could come up with a thousand Large Pistol primers for less than the cost of a good, used pick-up I'd be as happy as a dead pig in the sun!

Reactions: catdaddy

Registered
Come off it. You literally replied "google the answer yourself". I'm not pouting, I'm calling it like I see it. Have a good one!
You have the internet at your fingertips, you could've looked all that up for yourself in the time it took you to type your response. I know this isn't helpful, but do you want someone to explain it all to you?
Pretty funny old man. I'm laughing my *** off of this. Yeah, I'm pretty adept at finding information on the internet and figuring things out on my own. I guess I could Google old flintlock and use that image to come up with absolutely nothing. I don't know anything about this stuff. I was interested so I asked. What you're doing is called gatekeeping. Get over yourself.
One of those replys mentions google, and it's not mine. If you're going to quote someone, at least quote the correct person, which in this case is yourself. And no, I have nothing better to do. If you are calling it like you see it, perhaps a visit to an optometrist is in order.
Have a better one!.

Registered
I probably have some .358 jacketed bullets if you need some. Not sure but I believe some old Hornady stuff. I will check if you can use them.

Reactions: sharps4590

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
trapper, thanks a lot, that's kind of you and I appreciate it. I do, however, have a multitude of Speer, Sierra and Hornady, .358 bullets. Back when stuff got scarce during the ohomo administration I was trying to work with my 9.3 X 75R Nimrod, which also uses a .358 bullet. Tommy helped me out with what he and Sierra could and every time I came across a hundred, .358, 200 gr. bullets, I bought them.

About three years ago a fella on another site had acquired a....a BUNCH of bullet swaging presses, dies and jackets that were part of a deal on loading stuff he wanted and had to take it all. He didn't want the swaging stuff and no one was beating down his door to buy it. I bought it all for cheap and, two of the die sets are .429 and .358. After I figured out how to use it, (NOTHING was marked!!!) I learned to swage bullets. Casting and sizing is a LOT faster and for my purposes, just as good but, by golly, I can swage my own jacketed bullets for those few I need them.

Moonshine, bring it up...or over, as the case may be. I'm always ready to explore old, German firearms! I know we could figure it out.

Reactions: trapperBR549

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yeah, I'm sorta fond of 9.3's.....and 9mm/35 cal. I haven't got to work with it much, doc laid me up with a steroid injection in my L-1 vertebrae. It's my 3rd but doggone it, neither of the other two hurt like this!!!....whew!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts