Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Preferred pronoun-Stud Muffin
10,627 Posts
I'm with DanF. Sport is something done to compete with another. Hobby is something done for the love of the activity.
"Work is comprised of what a body has to do. Play is comprised of what a body WANTS to do" Twain

·
2,842 Posts
I was of the mindset of exercise, as much walking and huffing and puffing I go through between Shed hunting and setting stands too dragging deer, there was nothing about that that would fit into "Hobby" category for me. All I can think about when I see the word Hobby, Is "Hobby Lobby" store, there ain't nothing that deer hunting and that store have in common too me. So, I voted sport. Competition didn't cross my mind, but it can be a good thing. I do alot of reading and learning to try to get a "leg up" on the "competition". So it does make sense. If it wasn't a "sport" everyone would give each other there stand locations and keys to the 4-wheeler

·
Registered
434 Posts
Im with lungbuster44-------------lifestyle.GOD,family,hunting.I dont golf,play softball,bowl,get caught up in sports,etc.I'm either huntin or getting ready to hunt.

·
Baller, shot caller
11,063 Posts
Since I only had two choices, I had to go with "sport". After all, we are competing with our quarry. It's a life and death sport, I suppose.

It's more of an obession with me though.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,028 Posts
[rquote=1486846&tid=103886&author=jaytee]23 views, 5 votes, come one folks lets here your opinion. :2thumbsup:[/rquote]

I'm with urban, you didn't give me an option that describes me.:cheers:

·
Baller, shot caller
11,063 Posts
[rquote=1486896&tid=103886&author=pinwheel][rquote=1486846&tid=103886&author=jaytee]23 views, 5 votes, come one folks lets here your opinion. :2thumbsup:[/rquote]

I'm with urban, you didn't give me an option that describes me.:cheers:[/rquote]

I did notice there wasn't an "idiot" option.

:smiley:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,028 Posts
[rquote=1486898&tid=103886&author=cummins5.9][rquote=1486896&tid=103886&author=pinwheel][rquote=1486846&tid=103886&author=jaytee]23 views, 5 votes, come one folks lets here your opinion. :2thumbsup:[/rquote]

I'm with urban, you didn't give me an option that describes me.:cheers:[/rquote]

:smiley:[/rquote]

Why must you always run yourself down Leo? Nate likes ya, that ought to be enough, shouldn't it?:thinking:

·
Baller, shot caller
11,063 Posts
[rquote=1486899&tid=103886&author=pinwheel][rquote=1486898&tid=103886&author=cummins5.9][rquote=1486896&tid=103886&author=pinwheel][rquote=1486846&tid=103886&author=jaytee]23 views, 5 votes, come one folks lets here your opinion. :2thumbsup:[/rquote]

:smiley:[/rquote]

Why must you always run yourself down Leo? Nate likes ya, that ought to be enough, shouldn't it?:thinking:[/rquote]

I was talking about you, ya old fruitcake!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I agree with DanF with it being a passion but I think my girlfriend would say its more like an obsession for me :D

·
17,674 Posts
Family and job come first. So I guess hunting would be more of a hobby for me. Its something to help me relax and slow down. I don't let it consume my life.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1486879&tid=103886&author=jakesdad]Im with lungbuster44-------------lifestyle.GOD,family,hunting.I dont golf,play softball,bowl,get caught up in sports,etc.I'm either huntin or getting ready to hunt.[/rquote]

ditto!:wave:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
I can't vote because there is not enough categories listed. It is more than simply a sport or hobby. When I was younger it was passion driven. Now it is more like therapy. It soothes the soul.

·
Former Chicken Man
20,146 Posts
I've always called it a sport, just as we're called sportsman, and I've heard it referred to as blood sports. I read where Urban wrote "...something done to compete with another." as a definition of sport, and with all the record books, deer being "good enough" and all that it has turned into far more of a competitive sport than it used to be, and more than I personally care for.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
[rquote=1486835&tid=103886&author=DanF]for us, it is something beyond either of those...it is a passion, it brings us closer together...it is what it is, and it is hunting![/rquote]

ditto

1 - 20 of 42 Posts