Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are going to be plantings some plots next year and I plan on building some shooting houses overlooking them so the wife & my dad can hunt them.

How do you guys that hunt over plots access them in the morning & leave at night without educating the deer?

This is a new kind of hunting for me, seeing as I am use to hunting strictly heavy forest.

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
The only way to minimize educating the deer is to put your stands up with a back door entrance so you can enter and leave without going thru the plots. Some places that ain't an easy task either. If its for rifle huntin,,it is alittle easier becasue of the ability to reachout aways,,so the stand can be placed almost anywhere on average sized plots.

:cheers::cheers:

·
5,092 Posts
i've got the problem of educating the deer in my tower blind for bow hunting. i sure hope you are gun hunting because that will give you the ability to move your blind as far away as possible. i've found that if you make the blind as air tight as you can than you can put it anywhere you want to and that will help you escape out after dark or into it before sunrise. i've had deer within two feet of the base and 360 degrees. not one has scented me yet this season. so in my opinion, put it where you can get in and out (with prevailing winds in mind)but make it as air tight and as tall as you can. imho.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I don't think it's to big of a deal if you were to push the deer out a couple of times. Besides if you do it right, you should have a good shot at big boy early in the season when they are still in their summer feeding patern.

What do you plan on planting?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1480927&tid=103530&author=kxpete627]

What do you plan on planting?[/rquote]

One plot will be clover or possibly a mix. The other will be something late season.

Still trying to plan as of right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts