Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me start by saying i dont hunt over corn, i know how some of you guys get on your holy band wagon around here, My question is is it illegal to have a corn pile out if your NOT hunting over it? like say 100 yards down the trail, just curious, thanks

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,230 Posts
Originally posted by marshallgrn
First off let me start by saying i dont hunt over corn, i know how some of you guys get on your holy band wagon around here, My question is is it illegal to have a corn pile out if your NOT hunting over it? like say 100 yards down the trail, just curious, thanks
That is under one of the grey areas that would be up to an agents discretion. I don't think there is a measured distance set down that would allow it to be legal. If the movement of the animal is enfluenced by the bait,,,I think its illegal.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
32,193 Posts
Originally posted by henry
That is under one of the grey areas that would be up to an agents discretion. I don't think there is a measured distance set down that would allow it to be legal. If the movement of the animal is enfluenced by the bait,,,I think its illegal.

I believe it is soley up to the discretion of the agent, but you can get in trouble even if you didn't own the property and you didn't know there was corn out. Best bet is to make sure it has been gone for 10 days.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just curious, didnt no if it was in print anywhere or if it was just up to the game warden, we often have cameras out with corn during bow season but we hunt other end of farm just in case gw would stop by, still aint sure if we would get into trouble or not

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Chad
dont waste the corn. Just shoot them at night instead..:scared::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:
You just aint right in the head are ya? LOL :cheers:

·
PURE KILLER
37,999 Posts
dont waste the corn. Just shoot them at night instead..:scared::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:
:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Here's a scenario for ya...

Let's say I have 5 acres, and my neighbor feeds the deer, and my neighbor only has 1 acre, can my neighbor feeding the deer make it illegal for me to hunt my own land?

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by Shrapnel

Let's say I have 5 acres, and my neighbor feeds the deer, and my neighbor only has 1 acre, can my neighbor feeding the deer make it illegal for me to hunt my own land?
Good question, would like to know the answer to that myself

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
You just aint right in the head are ya? LOL :cheers:
Maybe...:rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2: fact of the matter is corn is about 8 bucks for 40 pounds and is gone in a day or two. And i 10 dollar halogen will last you forever..:scared::rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts

Good question, would like to know the answer to that myself
I'd have to do some looking, but I think somewhere on the MDC webiste this was addressed and you could be nailed for it.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
81,230 Posts

The regs say "you need not know an area is baited to be in violation". I don't think property lines have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I think Henry is right about property lines. The information on the regs on line that I've found doesn't define "area".

If your neighbor has poured out a very visible pile of corn on the other side of the fence 20 yards from your stand, I think you have a problem and an agent would have a good case against you.

If that pile of corn was 150 yards away on the other side of a thicket, invisible to you, and you can give believable testimony that you had no idea it was there and no reason to know it was there (maybe the neighbor would back you up - lol), I would certainly put up a fight over it. You may lose, but I would think an ALJ (judge) would have to consider your situation, and I would hope that an agent would before he issued the ticket.

·
Registered
18,522 Posts

The regs say "you need not know an area is baited to be in violation". I don't think property lines have anything to do with it.

that stinks for someone that is honest and does not know if the neighbor is baiting or not, but then again I guess they do that since enough people are not honest and would just fib anyways. :cheers:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,800 Posts

I don't think the regs have any double negatives in it.

It would be interesting though, if the corn was on the neighbor's property.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
a lot of implications here...say your and your neighbor don't get a long, he has a stand right by the proberty line...so you go out and put a big pile of corn behind his stand on your own proberty...now he can't hunt that stand...

ain't right!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Originally posted by DanF
a lot of implications here...say your and your neighbor don't get a long, he has a stand right by the proberty line...so you go out and put a big pile of corn behind his stand on your own proberty...now he can't hunt that stand...

ain't right!!!
I think you could then be in trouble, but that doesn't help your neighbor much, as he's probably then from hunting there for at least ten days.

Has the MDC been issuing a bunch of baiting tickets recently? The only time I've ever heard of someone getting a ticket fior baiting, it was because he was baiting. The agent was waiting for him at his stand (a few yards from his corn pile) when he showed up to hunt. Nice guy, but he got what he deserved. That was several years ago.

·
Registered
14,249 Posts
What are the chance a GW would just happen along unless somebody tipped them off.:eek:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts