hunting leases??

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Droptine5, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Droptine5

Droptine5 New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    KC
    Guys, I'm fed up with driving so far to my parents place to hunt I want something closer so I want to look into a lease. Have some questions. How do you find them and what is a fair price. I live in Liberty, Mo north of KC and looking for something 1 hour or less drive. What are your thoughts how do I approach finding me one, I know this year is shot but already looking ahead.

2. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

For my area, 10-15 bucks is normal for a good piece of land. That is about 2 hours drive time from Liberty so its possible that the prices may be a bit higher closer to Liberty :confused:

3. dodge

dodge Active Member

Oct 8, 2010
    cedar hill, mo
    i guess about 10 per acre is about average

4. mo-michigan

mo-michigan New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Michigan
    Drop check your U2u

5. BowHunterKc

BowHunterKc New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Im in the same boat drop i have a farm in southern missouri but dont have enough time to make it down there enough bow hunting because its 2 1/2 hours one way. Its hard to find anything close, or has been for me atleast.

6. deerblaster

deerblaster Member

Mar 2, 2005
    NewFlorence Mo
    Same here in TX, only worse! There are day leases on "good deer numbers" for $300 a day. No guarentees. Most leases around here run at least 1500 to +3000 per year/per gun.:mad2: I have the ground out of Edenburg, 200ac, to hunt,but it is 4 hrs away. On the good side, there is a good house, water and electric on that land.
    I heare there is a lot of public land around, but there are a lot of hunters in the same boat I am, sooooo, a lot of hunters use the public land:whinging:

7. Droptine5

Droptine5 New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    KC
    I here ya my parents place is in NE MO 2 hours and 15 min away, plus its not that good and hard to hunt has a conservation area that buts up to it that they still allow rifle hunting on. I just dont know how people find ground to lease, I would pay a fair price for something that I could hunt year round not just deer. If any one can give me some advice on how to go about searching let me know. Thanks

8. Deacon Sam

Deacon Sam New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Louisiana
    My family & I are looking for a place to possible lease in MO, probably NW part but would consider of locations. My cousin lives in Kansas City, MO. We meet there and go out and hunt conservation areas.

Will be heading up that way this Wednesday good Lord willing.

Thanks for any info.

9. deerblaster

deerblaster Member

Mar 2, 2005
    NewFlorence Mo
    Welcome to MWT, Deacon Sam!!! Look at the lease page, might find somthing that suits your fancy.:cheers:

10. Deacon Sam

Deacon Sam New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Louisiana
    [rquote=1883276&tid=131144&author=deerblaster]Welcome to MWT, Deacon Sam!!! Look at the lease page, might find somthing that suits your fancy.:cheers:[/rquote]

Thanks Deerblaster, will do that still learning this site.

11. DEAD (I)

DEAD (I) New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    FELLAS HATE TO TELL YA BUT 10 ACRES IS CHEAP OUTFITTERS ARE JACKING PRICES WAY UP.... TRY LEASE NETWORK.COM:cheers:

12. Droptine5

Droptine5 New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    KC
    Thanks I will check that out. Thats the adivce I need.

13. htredneck

htredneck Active Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Cass County, MO
    If you get a lease or join a club, make sure you are covered.
    I thought I had it pretty good, but it looks like I am sitting this season out...