Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went out last night at around 9 and hunted till about 11. Dogs tree the first big sow about 10 min into the drop. The second was a big boar about 15 mins later. Then the dogs worked for another half an hour before we herd them tree. It was a LOOOONG way away. Got to the tree where she had two Big boars treed. Both weighed over 20. Not a bad night, 4 big ***** in 2, 2.5 hours. I may have pics later.

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Congrats man!!! That is pretty good to nail 4 big uns like that.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Last night was sure some good weather for **** huntin. I took my young dog out that hasn't been out in awhile. He treed once tho. The tree was enormous. It was so high I couldn't even see the top. I needed binoc's but of course had none. I was glad he did as much as he did considering he hadn't been in the timber for awhile. I'm fixin to hit it again tonight on a new farm. I'm takin the old man tonight tho. He'll put some up I hope!

Congrats on the 4 big *****. We all like those nights!!

·
Registered
13,882 Posts
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
:cheers::claphands:

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Well I finally must have gotten the rust knocked off the old man. He struck off the lead and was treein in less then 10 minutes. I was watchin him on my Garmin and he kept goin back and forth...about 15 yards....but he was still tree barkin. I got over to him and he was indeed runnin back and forth. He had a **** up 2 different trees. I shot the one out he seemed to like the most and left the second for another day.

He left from there and in bout 20 minutes was struck again. It took him a little longer this time to get this one put up. My Garmin showed he had takin the track 400+ yards but it wasnt very long and he was treed again. This time tho he was on a big den tree. I guess the **** beat him home before Joe could push him hard enough to take the first tree he came to.

Best night of the year so far. Hour and fifteen minute hunt. And first time one of my dogs has ever split treed alone like that. If I didn't have to work in the AM I'd still be out there :cheers:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sounds like yall been doin pretty good. We hunted last night from 10 till 2 never treed a **** not a den or nothin. I dont know if it was the weather or what. Just one of those nights I rekon. Nice work fellas.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Cope I've had a couple of those kinda nights already this year. Nights like tonight tho.....thats what keeps me goin for sure. There's times when money couldn't buy my dogs. And then there's night when I'd sell em for a penny.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We should have gone last night for sure! It would have been a good night. Well my partner didn't take any pics from the other night. We may still take some pics of the hides in a few days. He skinned those dudes out and the biggest one was 36 inches and weighed 22 pounds. We ended up with 36, 35, 34, 32 inch ***** for the night. I think we may be heading out again fri night.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My and my buddy are gonna hit it hard this week hopefully. Maybe Ill get some better pics to show yall. Good luck to ya guys keep us posted

·
Registered
1 Posts
Shoulda Called me

Called yer cell a few times and left a message last time, had 3 now for trainin that went in the freezer, last one was pretty angry :D mighta whooped yer dog.
Someone runnin near my house Sat night wasnt you was it?

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I wont get out again til Wed night at least. 10 degrees tonight. 8 degrees tomorrow night. Too cold for me. Prior commitments make it impossible anyway. But Wed and Thurs its supposed to warm up pretty nice during the day. I'll be out those evenings I imagine

1 - 16 of 16 Posts