Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70,367 Posts
Sneak along the creek bottoms that boarder open fields and ambush them. They tend to move to the open fields when it is raining. They get spooky while in the woods with all the noise of the rain falling and stay out in the open so they can use their eyes for safety. Keep your calling to a minimum. They aren't really in the mood while it is raining. You'll find one once in a while that will come into a call but I have had better luck hunting the open fields. My 2 cents

·
Registered
21,514 Posts
Set up Pop Up Blind along a field,set out a few Decoys.

oneshot
:D The Big Grin is a Fair Weather Hunter.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
to me they seem to to the fields in the rain but thats my dime

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by Mailman
Sneak along the creek bottoms that boarder open fields and ambush them. They tend to move to the open fields when it is raining. They get spooky while in the woods with all the noise of the rain falling and stay out in the open so they can use their eyes for safety. Keep your calling to a minimum. They aren't really in the mood while it is raining. You'll find one once in a while that will come into a call but I have had better luck hunting the open fields. My 2 cents
And besides all that, ya cain't kill em from the couch!!!

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Saw 2 on the way home this evening in the middle of a big field.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.