Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
14,587 Posts
re-homing fee is to let you know it is not free and you will have to pay for the dog, as some people make lots of money picking up free dogs and cats then selling them, and I will leave it at that.

·
Registered
19,806 Posts
Sooooooo.... What’s the average re-homing fee... and is it negotiable? 😂

I wouldn’t have an issue purchasing any extra food, kennel, ext... that the “agent” had on site... to make them “whole”..: If I needed it... other than that ...... sounds sketchy...... sux’s for the poor pups!

·
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Champ is still available and they are from Knob Nobster just west of Sedalia, don't hurt his chances even more guys

·
1,921 Posts
So someone got a dog they couldn't handle nor afford and want too recoup their costs and call it a rehoming fee??

I took in a golden many years ago from someone who just gave up on him. Literally the best dog I've ever had and will ever have. I didn't pay a dime for him other than guaranteeing a good life and caring for him. He passed some years back and carrying him to the car once he passed was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I've got two labs now and would definitely add more, but I'm not sure about the rehoming fees...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
So someone got a dog they couldn't handle nor afford and want too recoup their costs and call it a rehoming fee??

I took in a golden many years ago from someone who just gave up on him. Literally the best dog I've ever had and will ever have. I didn't pay a dime for him other than guaranteeing a good life and caring for him. He passed some years back and carrying him to the car once he passed was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I've got two labs now and would definitely add more, but I'm not sure about the rehoming fees...
A lot of times people put a rehoming fee on a dog to ensure the people buying are serious about being a pet owner I’ve also never heard of a fee more than 1-200 bucks. If you can’t afford that then don’t get the dog. They also do it to hopefully keep the dog from being a bait dog in fighting rings. I paid $100 for my mix and he’s the best dog I’ve ever had.

·
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
These dogs all usually have foster parents and are only interested in getting a good home for the pup, it's more to scare away certain types of people and the last 3 doggies I've helped get good homes the rehoming fee was zero because the homes were ideal!

·
1,921 Posts
I can perfectly understand the foster. No issues there. Not sure I agree with people getting these dogs on a whim then offloading them. Should never have had a dog to begin with. There are understandable scenarios, but I've just personally never heard of a rehoming fee. Folks should be able to vet who they are giving the animal to but I guess I can understand if that's the way to flush out the trash.

Do you know if the golden is still in need of a home?

·
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will check on the goldy haha, yeah it breaks my heart seeing these dogs just given up on and you can see it in there eyes man, only thing on a few of these dogs were that there owners were military and got orders to leave and I'm guessing over seas?????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts