huntforfunnfood scores for his own team

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by huntforfunnfood, Apr 25, 2006.

1. huntforfunnfood

huntforfunnfood New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    part 1

since i am a stuck up little man i killed one for the team ME, Myself, and I :rotfl:

I hunted on monday morning was going after a specific bird with the center broken out of his fan. I had watched him for a couple days and pretty much knew his pattern
    there was him two other good birds and 3 jakes that tagged along in a group kinda strange grouping but thats what it was

opening morning i sneak in and hear a few gobbles before day light but nothing close. so after setting a while i decide to move in a little closer
    i sneak in to a narrow timbered draw between two feilds i see my birds on the other side so i decide to cross since i know they won't come to me. i sneak to the other side and and take great care to get set up with the help of some belly crawing.
    i spend about 45 mins screwing with these birds and there coming but its slow and the spot i was in was my only hope no were to move on them. to make a long story short they get about 50 yards and just hang in the open been nice to have a decoy out there. but oh well. any way after a while one of the stupid jakes gets nervios and decides he aint sticking around no more and starts to leave he saw something he didn't like

then i lost my mind and decided that i just a well make a hard bird harder to kill so i pop a shot to two to make them move faster :banghead::banghead: really bright i know but whatever.

i spent the rest of the day trying to find another bird but apparently they left the county not another gobble or a bird sighting all day who knows????????

to be continued....

2. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Tony, part 2 must be good!!:eek:

Jack;)

3. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Hmmm...

A narcissistic turkey hunter, with an attitude ~ this could get interesting... :pop:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

4. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    part 2

well had to come back to fulton so after a night of only partatial sleep i get up at 430 and its kinda raining and the babys crying so i say heck with it i am staying home.

well at 630 i decide i am going to go take a drive around reform see how many hunters are there. i had made a drive last week and saw some good ones out in feilds on in particulr i liked. i get there and head towrds this feild i see one tom out on my way but theres a truck at the end so i pass on down the road. I get to my feild and sure enough birds out in the feild no trucks around so i decide i will put the sneak on take a long walk around the feild and get set up there out about 100 yards or so i make a call and the hen with him comes rignt in. the tom is slowly coming......before he gets close enough i hear two guys talking and my tom flys out of the feild the other way. never see any one but oh well......i give it a while to just set and head back to my truck.

i drive a bit further and decide to walk in to a wheat feild thats a bit off the road since i see theres no trucks around any were. i get close to the edge and can see two toms out in it so i sneak out to a ceader tree and get set up and start purring really soft..... the birds are kinda feeding and coming my way not sure they were coming to my calling but there working my way all the same.....after about 20 mins here comes two guys walking in the wheat ????guess they were blind or just didn't want to fill there tags yet. so another one blown.....

by now i have had about enough with the public land so i am going home well as i am completing my circle to get back to the road that takes me home i see one more bird out in the feild and once again no trucks so what the heck thirds times a charm so i put the sneak on him it takes a while but i get around the feild and craw through lots of brush and brires and get to the feild edge.... didn't come out excattly were i wanted to but not to bad i begin to purr and talk soft to them there was a gobbler and a hen and hes on fire cutting me off at every sound so they come my way needed about 10-15 yards more and when they get there BOOM

bird down

bird well earned....theres about 7500 acres at reform loaded to the gills with deer and turkey. i only saw about 11 trucks there this morning not to bad. it gets pretty crazy on the weekends but if you don't mind public gound its alright.

heres my bird
    21 lbs.
    left spur 1 3/16
    right spur 1 1/16
    beard average good 9 1/2 a few streachers to 10 if you must have 10 inchs you could count it:)

5. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    Congrat's on a well-earned bird, Tony... :cheers:

6. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Tony, awesome story and congrats on the Tom and the determination. :eek:

Jack

7. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    did you take those pics with that kodak good pics:eek:

8. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    left spur

one last note the public land hunting would be lot better if everyone else would set there butts on a stump and let me run and gun the hot birds like i like. :rotfl:

9. huntforfunnfood

Jun 30, 2003
    new bloomfield mo
    coyote yeah i did the same one you got it does really well. a hint for you when the evening gets around like an hour or so before dark but you can still see really well it if the pics show on the screen dark on auto mode switch it to night and they will take pics clear up till you cant see any more the only problems i have had with it is takein pics of close things like my turkey calls in the house i have a hard time getting it to foucs on the little deatials. and at long ranges it works good with the zoom but you need to rest it or tripod it or they will be fuzy hard to steady it when you hit the zoom hard

10. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    nice bird and nice photo work Tony.........I'm just waiting for one with the little cutie Madison in the picture!!!!!!!

11. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Great bird! Way to go!

12. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    way to go and neato pics :cheers:

13. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Good job Tony....good story too!!

14. caf4

caf4 Active Member

Feb 26, 2004
    St. Charles, MO
    Congrats Tony!!!

15. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Great bird and story to boot HFFF....
    Persistence & Patience, that's what I like to see....