Hunters in the Adair Linn Macon and Sullivan Co areas

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Whitemarsh, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    If your headed for the four corners area or traveling between Brookfield and Kirksville, Highway 11 is closed north of Highway Y in Adair Co. It's a long detour so be prepared. :whinging:

2. Mecheng

Mecheng New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    STL/Macon Co
    Thanks, son and I like to go up 129/11 to sight our guns at Sugar Creek then go into KV and hangout to see all the hunters coming in. Not sure where Y is. My son may want to go into Green City to see some clients too.

3. lma

lma Active Member

:claphands: Good info, Whitemarsh.....thanx for sharing it!

4. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    [rquote=1888057&tid=131425&author=Mecheng]Thanks, son and I like to go up 129/11 to sight our guns at Sugar Creek then go into KV and hangout to see all the hunters coming in. Not sure where Y is. My son may want to go into Green City to see some clients too. [/rquote]

Hwy Y is the next paved road north of the 129/11 junction.

5. Mecheng

Mecheng New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    STL/Macon Co
    I got it, we'll avoid by taking 129 to Green City then double back thru KV/Sugar Creek and take CC to 156 to 149 and and cross over to VV or whatever the GPS finds. :D

6. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    You can also go north on Hwy Y to Hwy BB then east on BB to Hwy 149 and then south on 149 to Hwy 11:cheers:

7. Kilamodeer

Kilamodeer Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Core Area
    Thank you sir for the info....this will save me some trouble.:cheers:

8. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    The short cut the locals are using is....

go north on Y to Persimmon Trail (aka Rat's family road), right on Persimmon to Hwy 11, then north on 11 to Hwy 149 south, go south on 149 to Walnut Trail and take Walnut Trail to Hwy CC, go North on CC to Hwy 11. The Trail roads are all rock. The reason for the two detours is that two bridges on Hwy 11 are closed and you need to detour around both. :cheers: