Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I planted my little wanna be food plot last night.


You can see some of the wood I cut to get more sunlight into it this year.

We are to get some rain tonight so I wanted to get it in the ground before that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,519 Posts
Looks like the trees are pretty tall, at least clear a few more on the south and west sides for sunlight. Get some lime and fertilizer in there and have fun!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also did not use the garden tille this year. I raked it before I planted and then used a drag after I seeded.

So we will see how it goes...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by TOBRYAN
Looks like the trees are pretty tall, at least clear a few more on the south and west sides for sunlight. Get some lime and fertilizer in there and have fun!!!!
East is to the left of the picture and South is behind the camera. It's pretty clear. The picture doesn't really show how much I cut, but it was a lot.

Also already did the lime and fertilizer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by cfrazee_mo
I was talking about the food plot......................................................................................but.....................
Dang it.... I was trying....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I planted a mixture of Ladino , Trefoil and alfalfa. As far as timeing I planted when I started seeing farmers working their ground. And I'm within a week of when I planted last year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by VERNETA
What is Ladino & Trefoil ? Mix it at an even 3 parts per ?
Your asking the wrong person questions I've been doing what others tell me to do.

As far as the mix yes it was even parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
7x

We must be in the same boat . I just listen & learn from all of the GREAT folk here & you can't beat learning from someone who knows their stuff ! It is so incredible to have a cite like this- befor I experemented with so many things & wasted a lot of time, effort , & money ! You just can not beat GOOD FOLK !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by VERNETA
We must be in the same boat . I just listen & learn from all of the GREAT folk here & you can't beat learning from someone who knows their stuff ! It is so incredible to have a cite like this- befor I experemented with so many things & wasted a lot of time, effort , & money ! You just can not beat GOOD FOLK !
Yep, I've been on here for a long time and the people are incredible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL

I live in Peru Indiana !
Long story of why I'm on a Missouri site, but fate kind of took me here once and they've not been able to get rid of me since.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
but fate kind of took me here once and they've not been able to get rid of me since.
Ain't that the truth! :neuspeuter:

:hysterical: sorry :smiley:
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top