Hunter Education Verfied

Discussion in 'Out of State Hunts, Stories & Pics' started by CoHunter, Oct 26, 2010.

1. CoHunter

CoHunter New Member

May 19, 2007
    Colorado
    Went to the Co. Division of Wildlfe today to get my Hunter Ed. card verified. What does this meen? I no longer have to have my H.E. with me when buyin my tags or while hunting. Next year when I purchase my tags it will automatically print my H.E. number on them. Sure wish other states would do this.

2. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    MO does. I give my ssi number at permit vender it system pulls up al the infor my conservation number and my 2 hunter ed numbers.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    I've only had to show the people in MO my hunter ed card 1 time, and it was an out of state card as well. now i just tell them my ssn and out come my tags. or i have them scan my heritage card...either way

4. CoHunter

CoHunter New Member

May 19, 2007
    Colorado
    [rquote=1864686&tid=129831&author=Jeremy]I've only had to show the people in MO my hunter ed card 1 time, and it was an out of state card as well. now i just tell them my ssn and out come my tags. or i have them scan my heritage card...either way[/rquote]

Do you still have to carry your H.E. card whle hunting?

5. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    nope not have to cary teh hunter ed card wiht us whiel hunting it is listed on our permites.

6. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I hope you have a helper to quarter up that big bull elk next week...you know you have a bad back...:shrug:

7. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Took my Indiana HE card to MO one time, never asked for it again.

Bought tags in Texas for a few years now............ They ahve never asked for it or my number............... Now that I think of it...............:thinking:

Edit: Now I know why!!!

Do I need the Hunter Education Certificate to purchase a hunting license?
    No, you are not required to show your certification when you purchase a license, but proof of certification or "deferral" is required to be on your person while hunting.

8. CoHunter

CoHunter New Member

May 19, 2007
    Colorado
    Guess I really didn't pay attention in Mo. beens I did not need one. But why cant Kansas verify so people dont have to carry it. Same way with Texas Cfraz. Make it alot easier and one less card in my billfold.

9. MoHops

MoHops New Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Independence
    By the way

Colorado counts your heritage card as H.E. id since it has your hunter ed id number on it. I lived there for a few years and that's all I had to show to them.

So if you ever head out that way for hunting, take your heritage card and you are good to go.

10. Fla_Guy

Fla_Guy Active Member

Dec 13, 2005
    NC
    My HE is from FL. I showed it once in MO, and never had to show it again - my FL number comes out every time on the tag. Same with NC and FL - show once and forget it. Convenient!!!