Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stepdaughter recently complete the Hunter Ed workbook and attended the class last Tue. She's under 16 so she needs to do the skills portion next. What skills does she need to learn? What other info can you provide about this portion?

· Registered
719 Posts
I copied the below from the website. General firearms safety (muzzle pointed safe direction, safety on, fence crossing, etc.) is what I'd spend time working on. The rest is more of an educational opportunity for students. The instructors want the kids to pass and will work with them. It's not designed to be difficult but they can weed out some who are completely not ready to handle a firearm. I'd probably try and get her enrolled in a class soon if I were you because they may fill up with turkey season approaching.

"This is 4-6 hours, depending on the number of students attending and will include:

• a classroom session
  • outdoor shooting
  • blood trailing
  • demonstrations of tree stand safety
  • survival skills
Most of the classroom topics will pertain to Missouri-specific regulations and issues that are not covered in this online course. Be sure to have proper clothing for the outdoor sessions.

After attending and passing the Hunter Education Skills Session portion of the Hunting education requirement, you will receive your Conservation Permit Card."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.