Hoyt Trykon

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by rat, Mar 15, 2006.

1. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
  2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Oh.. and gutpile.. this was the place in St. Louis where you bought your bow recently. Sounded like a nice feller.

3. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    I never shot it, but just drawing it back and feeling how awkward it was, was enough for me.

4. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Jay
    I'll totally disagree here, but it depends on which one you drew back. The 65% let offs are smooth as silk, the 80% is more harsh in the draw cycle, but I wouldn't want 80% anyway.
    I have drawn several Trykons, and will be getting one later in the spring, but in my opinion it is the smoothest bow I've ever shot. No sling, no stabalizer, no anything. Just a rest and a knock and the bow never moved in my hand.

5. RAKMAN

RAKMAN Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Cape Girardeau
    I have one and it is the best bow I have ever had the privlage of letting an arrow go through. No vibration and very quick. I have never shot a bow this short, I have the Trykon not the Trykon XL, and I am having no problems whatsoever. As a matter of fact I am shooting better than I have in a long time. Buy it, it is worth every penny.

6. cfdjay

cfdjay New Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Jeremy, it was the 80% let off. I think we're all in agreement when it comes to high end bows like the hoyts, bowtechs, etc...it really comes down to one thing....personal preference. I just didn't feel as though it "fit" me well.

7. mrclean

mrclean New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Harrisburg
    Yep that Hoyt/Reflex riser with the thing that comes back behind your grip hand looks like it would be weird. But hey, they're good enough for Team Realtree and Michael Waddell!

8. Chase635

Chase635 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Great bow smoother the barry white! plus i bet the resale value is higher then bowtech

9. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Jay
    I absolutely agree with you on that one! Bows are like trucks, guys can and will argue forever about what's better and in the end there is probably less difference than any of us want to admit!
    I don't like the cycle on the 80% let off either Jay, too big of a drop off for me. I've never shot over 65% and don't see any reason to start. I am a Hoyt guy obviously, but I was impressed with the Trykon even more than I thought I would be.

10. I tried the Trykon on for size before I went with the Tribute but it was still no comparison for me personally.....I also thought that the draw cycle was a little harsh but was a little better in the XL model....The Trykon is a very nice bow though don't get me wrong....I was a Hoyt guy for years and still think there bows are of top quality.

My lil bro came over to the Bowtech side last week. He has retired his Hoyt Vipertec and got an Allegiance from Randy down at In the Sticks Archery.....Another one turned.;)

11. shortmag

shortmag New Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Being a PSE guy it's a tough call. I shot both Hoyt and Bowtec thinking maybe I'd make a switch (couldn't do it), I thought the bowtec was a better balanced bow for me. Again, it really comes down to preference with the higher end bows. Kinda like Siverado vs. Lariat! You're either one or the other.

12. Porkchopsandwiches

Porkchopsandwiches New Member

Sep 20, 2005
    St. Charles
    The Trykon is nice, but a little to pricey for me. I'm happy with my Vtec. My friend is picking his up in about a week so. He's in love with it. I'm glad he's getting his new toy...

13. cowboy

cowboy New Member

i have a Vtech also, and i like the draw cycle alot better than the new trykons. i thought they had a pretty harsh draw. i also dont like the fact that they have no adjustment on the cams. i'm sure they are great bows but the draw cycle is why i got rid of my last bow.