Hoyt Bow advice needed

Discussion in 'Archery Hunting' started by Goldtip, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Goldtip

Goldtip New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Santa Fe MO
    There is a local doctor who loves bow hunting, but of course he has enough money to buy a new bow whenever he wants one. Anyway he just bought a brand new Hoyt Bow and is now selling his 2004 V tec, It comes with a whisker biscuit, 6 easton carbon arrows(feathers) PSC fiber optic sights, and PSC Quiver. THe bow is in excellent condition and he's asking $400 for it. I have a 2000 Magnatec and I was just wanting an opinion on how big of a difference there is between the magnatec and the V-tec. If it's a pretty big step up I will probably sell mine and buy that one. Thanks for the help!!!!

2. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    The Vtech was Hoyt's new bow last year and assuming he only used it for one season you're getting close to a $300 discount off of what he paid for it, and that isn't counting any of the accessories. If you can get much of anything out of your bow I wouldn't be afraid to jump all over that deal. The Vtech was rated by most magazines and such last year as either the top or top 3 bown on the market last year.

3. cowboy

cowboy New Member

i have a v-tech and in my opinion it is a great bow. i like it better than the new trykons. it has an ultra smooth draw cycle and is a quick shooter. i would definetly make the step up, you wouldnt believe the difference in those two bows.:dancin:

4. Goldtip

Goldtip New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Santa Fe MO
    Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'm gonna try and sell mine to my cousin and hopefully buy this one. I'll let you know if I get it.

5. cowboy

cowboy New Member

hey thats exactly how i got my Vtech, cousins come in pretty handy every once in a while. good luck, i'm sure you'll love your new baby.:wink4: