How's this cold front working out for everyone

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by svacalshs, Dec 7, 2017 at 12:54 AM.

1. svacalshs

svacalshs New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    I hunt an hour south of Kansas city, I hear right now everyone 2 hours north is slaughtering birds. Any good news for 4 rivers or truman? I won't be able to make it out till Saturday

2. valleyoaks

valleyoaks Active Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Its gave me cluster headaches and sinus infection thats about it

svacalshs likes this.

3. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    "I hunt an hour south of Kansas city, I hear right now everyone 2 hours north is slaughtering birds. Any good news for 4 rivers or truman? I won't be able to make it out till Saturday"

Hunted North on Monday and 4 of us killed 2 birds. Not sure where you think the slayage is but it isn't at the MDC parks north of St. Joe. The Pass is killing some ducks but no where near like it used to be. Saw no flight birds.

4. svacalshs

svacalshs New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    I was reading the du reports from mound city

5. cy912

cy912 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Saw 7 bucks all at different times throughout the morning. Was 15 degrees when I got to my stand. Barometer was at 30.51. Outstanding sit. One shooter at 53 yards would not come closer.

And wave after waves of ducks flying over me while I'm watching these bucks spar and eat acorns. If I had a shotgun, I'd limited out. (had to add this statement since this thread was about ducks) :btt:

svacalshs likes this.
  6. i_willie12

i_willie12 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Marshall MO
    DONT read the DU reports!!!! complete JUNK

Clucker and callaojoe like this.
  7. svacalshs

svacalshs New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    I had to break inch thick ice, and have only seen one duck 200 yards away

8. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
    Pops just texted, drove 1.5 hrs out to the spot and killed 5 in first 20 mins. everything is froze up around there except around their ice eater so the open water is sucking 'em right in, didnt even have to call. 4 mallards and a spoonie. Wish I could go in the morning, got a late night dinner party so I am going to err on the side of caution and predict I wont be too spry come 3:30am and take a pass. Hopefully get out Sunday.

Skduckhunt likes this.
  9. svacalshs

svacalshs New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    I had the only open water around, except the river

10. xx75

xx75 Active Member

We were at Eagle Bluffs today in 12 south. We had about 1/2 in ice. Worked to get a hole open but refroze. If a person had open water they killed several.

Skduckhunt likes this.
  11. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
    Well we went out yesterday, had wind and open water and good sun on the decoys. never picked up the gun! Go figure. All the fields were frozen, just never had a single bird fly anywhere near us. Plenty of eagles and geese...should have slept in;)

12. SUFI57

SUFI57 Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Still not many new birds. I hunted near Truman lake on private ground this weekend. We managed to shoot a 6 man mallard limit and a few bonus ducks (all day hunt with a 2 hour break in between) 10 of our ducks were shot before 11. Evenings seem to be the key. Duck parks are getting it done. O and we added a band.[​IMG]

Pastor likes this.
  13. svacalshs

svacalshs New Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Maybe it's just me, I hunted all morning at amarugia on friday, no mojo and I broke open the back marsh free of ice, just to see one lone mallard 200 yards away. Then I went and spent all day Saturday at four rivers pool 3, just to shoot one mallard at 9:30. Maybe saw 1000 ducks. Something tells me the 53,000 is a little inflated. Also not having a boat hurts when finding the x of course

14. fullfan

fullfan Active Member

Feb 23, 2016
  15. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    Lots of ducks left 4 rivers last week.