Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just 5 **** is all i have to show for! but thats better than nuthin:)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hey JB,***** n yotes is all I've caught for the last two weeks.Pulled my line in Norwood today,going to set up some closer property I've been saving for cats till now.Pulling the home line tomm.,we only own 40 acres and I don't want to take any more cats off of it,gotta save some seed stock for next year.All in all I've had a very good season,lots of memories and good times with the grand kids. Hope you enjoyed the season thus far.
Mike

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seriously, i have enjoyed your posts with your grandkids more than finding fur in my traps.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
No doubt Mike, I bet they tell stories to thier grandkids about runnin the line with ol Grandpa Mike!!! I pulled my line a few weeks ago....one beaver and one otter, and caught fresh air 3 times...not sure what could slide thru a 330 conibear, and git missed!!! I sure wouldn't want to git caught in one.....ouch!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Gee, Thanks guys.3311,to be honest those 330s scare the heck out of me.I'd love to catch an otter,might start looking for places to water set next year.
Mike

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
well my totals so far is,,,
1 ****
1 rat (not muskrat)
1 beaver
2 grinners
1 skunk
and I have all week off so hopefully the total keeps goin up

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by mikeak
Gee, Thanks guys.3311,to be honest those 330s scare the heck out of me.I'd love to catch an otter,might start looking for places to water set next year.
Mike
They are scary....and I set em by hand....lol. I am going to make a set of tongs to set them with before next year, make it alot easier to reset with a big ol beaver in it....quite a wrastlin match!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3311, have you tried the rope method? where you take a stout rope,

tie a loop in it for a foot hold,
thread the rope through the spring ends twice,
then pull up the rope compressing the spring, and hold em compressed while you set the saftey with the other hand.

works for me!

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Originally posted by r2ahunter
fireman you ol'beaver wrastler you.hehehehe
Man, I asked fer that one didn't I....lol!!!

JB, good idea, I'll have to try that one out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts