Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple clips I picked off a few cams on Howell Island throughout the mouth of January. These are just a few highlights of the bigger I saw. I moved the cameras around a few times putting different attractors to bring the deer in. Let me know what you think.

·
Grrrrrrr
29,949 Posts
That one wider busted up buck that sniffed the camera was pretty decent. Trail cams are fun ain't they. I bet you'd get better/bigger bucks in the summer....

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,920 Posts
Pretty cool video!

·
Crossbow supporter
32,066 Posts
Lot of deer busted the camera
I started putting mine up above 6' and tilt it down
Never had one notice the camera since

Nice video

·
Registered
33,549 Posts
Lot of deer busted the camera
I started putting mine up above 6' and tilt it down
Never had one notice the camera since

Nice video
I'd say that's as much to do with the camera being placed in a new spot frequently.
I run a couple of cams in the same spot year in and year out and the critters could care less that the cam is there.

·
564 Posts
New to hunting and will be hunting howell island. Last year I went mark twain lake with my dad and brothers for a weekend and saw nothing wanting to get my first deer. I see a lot of people say the backside of the island is better but makes me wonder if anyone would be hunting the northern part of the island

·
Don't mind me
9,454 Posts
New to hunting and will be hunting howell island. Last year I went mark twain lake with my dad and brothers for a weekend and saw nothing wanting to get my first deer. I see a lot of people say the backside of the island is better but makes me wonder if anyone would be hunting the northern part of the island
There are people hunting the ENTIRE island, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. There is a boat ramp directly across the river from the island, and believe me, it gets used..
I've been all over that island, and know a guy that hunts it all year long and kills a nice one every year off of it, and your best bet is to stay in the stand straight through lunch. Guys put in canoes on the slough side and paddle up and down also, so there really isn't a place that people cant come in from the water.

·
Bait Plotter Extraordinar
5,661 Posts
I was given the impression that the ONLY time time deer move on Howell was during a deer drive ...rest of the time UNhuntable ???? Just what I was told

1 - 10 of 10 Posts