Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you folks hunted Howell Island for Turkey, and if so then how was it and any advice?

· Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe my compass, I am a pilot and every time I would deviate from the compass heading and get lost, I believe it was correct!

· Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How the heck do you get lost on an Island? Let's see, compass, entry point, backcourse, waterline, cardinal points, what am I missing here folks?

· Under appreciated
93,011 Posts
Never hunted it myself, but I have a friend that used to... I'll axe him!

5,631 Posts
Originally posted by Nicholas
How the heck do you get lost on an Island? Let's see, compass, entry point, backcourse, waterline, cardinal points, what am I missing here folks?
You lost me at compass! :hysterical::hysterical:

Sorry...:smiley:

· Registered
10,308 Posts
I used to hunt there all the time. Never saw "alot" of turks there, but have seen a few.

And you "can" get lost there, or at leasted turned around. Just walk in one direction long enough and you will either hit a trail or water, and both will lead you to the entrance.

· Registered
2,389 Posts
I have never hunted it either but heard it is very easy to get turned around. And do not be on the Island if it is raining. You can get stranded easy. Also heard that the pressure is pretty high. Sorry I couldn't be any more help. Good luck if you decide to hunt it. Let us know how it goes! Oh I also heard the best way to get to it is by boat. Putting in across the river, but can't remember what the landing is called. If you have a boat, that is the best way to get to the back side of the island. At least that is what I have heard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.