Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

How was your turkey season

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Deplorable member
10,718 Posts
I voted average.
Hunted 5 mornings...killed my two... called in 8 gobblers and 2 jakes total... watched 2 other gobblers die including one by an MDS hunter, witnessed one clean miss and my other MDS hunter passed on the jakes while the longbeard stayed just out of range. Heard more gobbles the last day of the season than I've ever heard in Missouri. Found a sack of mushrooms and caught several messes of fish after chasing turkeys.

· Registered
462 Posts
I voted below average.
The number of birds I seen end up at the end of a gun barrel was about average but the overall quality of the hunts were below average and didn’t leave a very good taste in my mouth.

Tennessee public the birds were sparse and not very active in the breeding cycle the days we were there.
Kansas archery season were definitely my best hunts of the year, good gobbling but very henned up birds.
Kansas firearm was pretty dang depressing, not many birds at all in places that have been very good in the past.
Missouri season was just alright, we had some very bad days on public hearing zero to very few birds in the big woods areas that seem to be declining every year. Some public areas we did find some very workable birds that wanted to die but the gobbling was not very good.
The hunting on the private farms was about average, some farms or parts of the farms were loaded and some had nothing at all on them.
All in all I spent way more time this year just sitting in productive spots and waiting for things to happen than running and gunning looking for hot birds as there just weren’t very many days that they were clicking on all cylinders. Not my favorite way to turkey hunt at all.
Leaving for Colorado tomorrow for my first hunt out there so hoping to go out with a couple awesome hunts with some great company.

· Hawk Hibernator
2,851 Posts
I voted average.
Hunted 5 mornings...killed my two... called in 8 gobblers and 2 jakes total... watched 2 other gobblers die including one by an MDS hunter, witnessed one clean miss and my other MDS hunter passed on the jakes while the longbeard stayed just out of range. Heard more gobbles the last day of the season than I've ever heard in Missouri. Found a sack of mushrooms and caught several messes of fish after chasing turkeys.
How many fellows hunted on the MDS? I hadnt heard hope they had an enjoyable time?

· Deplorable member
10,718 Posts
How many fellows hunted on the MDS? I hadnt heard hope they had an enjoyable time?
We assisted 3 MDS hunters down near Springfield. All three ended up getting a bird. Special thanks to Brad "hooks" Addison for spearheading again this year.

· Registered
6,312 Posts
Thanks to work I never got to hunt this year. I have decided becoming a responsible adult is not the way to enjoy life. Being very short staffed at work is not the way to enjoy life either. :boohoo:Somethings gotta give, perhaps I should revert to my irresponsible ways. :banana::guitar::banana:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.