Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
17,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to see how many acres I\'ve got?

How do I see how many acres of open ground I have for food plots? In the past the guys cutting hay off it, used to get 44- 1200lb. bales. This was just what I call volunter grass. When we bought this place one winter the orginal owner had let a guy put it in beans, and then he couldn't get his beans out. Another topic for a different discusion, it's a dandy too. Well that spring I brush hogged the beans down and some wild grass started growing. Then that fall I brush-hogged it again. Thenext spring we started having some fescue start to come up in it, then that fall I brush hogged again, then in Feburary that year I used a friends atv seeder and sowed some clover on it. Man it took off then, but the last 2 years no hay has been cut, nor has it been brush hogged. So how do I tell how many acres I've got open, and what to plant for deer hunting. Mainly firearms deer hunting. This place has a big creek with water year round that goes through it, and real heavy timber (oak and hickory)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Your have property in Central MO, Callaway County right? I would look up you place on this website zoom to a reasonable level on the field you want to measure and then click on Tools - Measure Area and then draw a line around the outside of the field. Once you click on Tools then on Measure Area you just start clickon the edge of the field it will insert a line from one place to the next with each click you make and tell you the total area in acres once you make it back around to the starting point. It's not exact, but a rough estimate. Here is Callaway County and you can zoom in from there or to start over fresh just click on "Map Room" towards the top of the page right side. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

http://ims.missouri.edu/maproom/mis...r1modot,tr1bmodot,tr1cmodot,ad1a,&LEVEL=&APP=

1 - 5 of 5 Posts