How to resize a photo with Paint

Discussion in 'How to post photos' started by Cburrows_tx, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    There are always questions of how to resize a picture. So I thought this step by step might be a good idea! Here ya go.

Find the picture you want on your computer. right click on the thumbnail, go to open with, paint.

[file]143813[/file]

2. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    When it opens, it is going to be HUGE! Go to Image, resize/skew...

[file]143815[/file]

3. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    When the box opens enter the % of the original size you want the picture to be.

Then hit enter.

[file]143817[/file]

4. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    If the picture is the size you want it to be at this point, go to File, save as

type in the name you want the file to be and save. This way you still have the original sized picture and the resized one! You are finished!

[file]143819[/file]

5. lma

lma Active Member

6. HarvDog

HarvDog Bro Staff

Mar 14, 2010
    East Side
    Whats with this paint option? What % size do I need. I resized to 40% but it still says pic Is to big, how small must it be? Whats the fastest way to download pics?

7. Modeerhunter

Modeerhunter New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Gasconade County
    [rquote=2097182&tid=130106&author=Harvey] Whats with this paint option? What % size do I need. I resized to 40% but it still says pic Is to big, how small must it be? Whats the fastest way to download pics? [/rquote]

Upload size limit is 928kB. Image limit is 1500x1500.

Uploading pics directly to your post from your computer is the fastest way to post them. The % you use will depend on how big your original picture is. Your longest side must be 1500 pixels or smaller for it to upload properly.

8. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

My pics start at 2272x1704, and I reduce them to 30% or 35% for posting. When I do 35%, it gives a pic that is 796x597. You just have to experiment until you find the percentage that works with whatever size your pics start with. :cheers:

9. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    You can do it easier with Microsoft office picture manager.

Open pic with Microsoft Office Picture Manager

[file]181717[/file]

Click "Picture" then Click "Resize" from the dropdown.

[file]181715[/file]

Then Click the "Predefined Width x Height" Dropdown
    And select "Web Large"

[file]181713[/file]

Click "OK"

[file]181719[/file]

Click "Save" or "Save As" if you want to save a copy and not alter the original

That gives you a pic of 640 x 480 instantly without having to fight with several attempts of it being too large

10. Joeyman

Joeyman New Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    I do what MellerAM does. its pretty easy. But then again not everyone had microsoft office picture manager

11. DEAD (I)

DEAD (I) New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    thanks now maybe i wont bother the daughter:eek:::cheers:

12. GMB54-120

GMB54-120 Active Member

Jul 17, 2011