Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PURE KILLER
37,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a call from dad last week or so ,said a woman left a note on the door that she was leaving town and wouldn't be needing a place to live anymore.kinda figured that wasn't a good sign:whistle:dad went over and she had the locks changed and couldn't get in.not another good sign:thinking: so i did a little breaking and entering through a window. bad thing was i couldn't find the door to get out and lets just say i have a very weak stomach when it comes to smells:D and won't show those pictures:rof2:

and after the guys was ther and cleaned up the mess the carpet looked like this

turned out the furnace had broke down and since she had no heat she left i tried to get PIPE to work on the furnace but he said no:rof2:.saddest part is she raised two kids like this.can't imagine living like that she had been there for 6 or 7 years.thought i would share:D

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
About 20 years ago I had a rental that I walked into after the tenants 'Left'!..... Thanks for bringing up a bad memory Yote! Hope ya get it back up and going eh!

·
Jenny's Lackey
46,684 Posts
Gotta love being in the rental business, don't ya? I've been in a few of those type houses. First hardwood floor I ever sanded, I met the landlord at the house, the tenant wasn't home & he tried getting me in. Let's just say, it was about 5 times worse than that. A literal path less than 2' wide through the main part of the house. Inside the front door, I literally had to shovel 6" of mud & cow crap out, just to find the floor. To think, this woman taught school here in Atlanta.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I've had rentals for 15 years and never had one that bad. I've had them pretty bad but nothing like that. I don't have them bring me the rent, I go to their house every month to get it, at least I can kinda see how they are. There isn't a day goes by that I don't drive by at least some, if not all of my rentals.

·
Preferred pronoun-Stud Muffin
10,590 Posts
Between wives, I lived in an apartment that did quarterly "pest controls". I asked why, seeing as how no one had ever seen any "pests".
They said it was the best legal way to look at the property without anyone getting uppity about it.
I thought that was about as smart as anything I'd ever heard.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
I wish I could get away with taking a camera with me when we go to folks houses on fires or medical calls. Absolutely unbelievable the way some folks live. You name it, I've seen it from human and animal feces in the floor, ****roaches so thick that when you walked into the house you could hear something crunching under your feet, crawling up the walls, mice running crazy on the kitchen counter tops, dead animals in the yard, roaches swarming over a "food" tray left next to a recliner, there's more but I'll stop before I get to the really nasty stuff. And the smells are so bad that we carry a jar of Vicks vapor rub in the truck so we can stuff our noses full, done that on several occassions.:mad2::mad2:

·
Former Chicken Man
20,104 Posts
I was at someone's house once and the dude kept a BB gun (handgun) handy, and while we're sitting at the kitchen table talking he's shooting roaches that are walking up the walls. Then a cat comes through the kitchen, so shoots it too. The cat ran into the bedroom and hid under the bed, where it got popped some more, then it ran across the bed and jumped out the window. Nice place for a blood trail. :hysterical:

·
Registered
21,456 Posts
Well I sure hope she got a Deposit back after leaving all that good stuff :whistle: :stirpot:

oneshot
:D Looks like a good place for the Big Grin to go on a Rat hunt.

·
6,643 Posts
I hate walking into people's houses that are like that. Really makes it hard to take care of them when you are trying to keep your equipment as sanitary as possible. I wouldn't let my garage get that bad much less my house.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I see renters do that almost on a daily basis it is sickening. I dont know how people can live like that. Talking about them moving out because of the furnace going out I pulled a water meter monday and while I was there I noticed they had a leak in there yard so I told her about it and she said that is why they were moving. Seems like it would be a lot easier to fix there leak than move out.

·
Lunch break commander
8,340 Posts
I put a funrace in a house that bad once. when I got home I shaved my beard off because I never felt like I could get my face clean. then I cleand every thing in my house wether it needed it or not.

How come all you guys that pee on the job site pick the corner of the house where the AC is supposed to set:stickfight:

·
Registered
11,812 Posts
I have been places in my service career that I would not put my tool box down for fear of what might crawl in it.

There is a reason they are where they are at today-they are just plain lazy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts