How much fish for a fry?

Discussion in 'Fishing General' started by Vector, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :confused: How do you gauge how many pounds of fish you need per person to have a fish fry?

I've had a few, but it always seems like we thaw out WAAAAY more than what we end up needing.

And if I weigh out my bags frozen that have had the water squeezed out of them, that should give me a rough idea of what the meat is going to weigh when its thawed, right? :confused:

Parker

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    depends on who is coming...

and yes

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    i'll let ya know after saturday night.....:claphands:......fresh roundup fishy.......cant wait........:claphands:

4. hillbilly

hillbilly Senior Member

Dec 27, 2006
    Fulton Mo
    Parker ain't nothing wrong with leftovers:roll2:

5. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :D I baked some two nights ago with some new cracker shaker bla bla bla that I found in the store the other day. Turned out REALLY good! MMMMMM MMMMMM!

Parker

6. JustBob

JustBob New Member

i usually pull 2 fish per person and usually have leftovers.

7. Squatch

Squatch New Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Barnhart, Mo
    You can never have too much fish for a fry. We always fry up a ton, and whatever isn't eaten is lunch for the next few days.

8. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    [rquote=1287242&tid=90021&author=Squatch]You can never have too much fish for a fry. We always fry up a ton, and whatever isn't eaten is lunch for the next few days. [/rquote]

Left over fish fry is da bomb!!!!

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Depends on if the guests are normal sized folk, or folk like you and I!!! Too much is never enuff!!!:cheers:

10. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    think of it like a berger
    a 1/4 pounder will fill most people now some of that is bun but there is always outher fixens that go with the fish fry
    :cheers:

11. Rut-N-Strut

Rut-N-Strut New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Jefferson City, MO
    We usually figure about a gallon of fish for 8-10 people, but that is with all the fixin's too. Like pork n beans, cheesy potatoes, homemade rolls, salad and don't forget the desserts. Man, getting hungry now.
    I'd rather have too much than not enough. Just my .02

12. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :pop: Seems like this article I found may answer my question well.......the MWT Football Team, correct?! :rof2:

"Typically it’s between 1/4 pound and 1/3 pound, but it’s 1/2 pound if you’re feeding the football team."

Parker

13. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    Can't forget the fried dill pickles, hush puppies, and sugar donuts!!!!! :claphands:

14. Kickers288

Kickers288 Active Member

really havent had to worry bout fish fries up till last year but i normally figure 1/2-3/4 pound per person but we always have left overs and thats never a bad thing

15. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :cheers: Thanks everyone for the responses!

I need to start weighing bags and see where I'm at. :cheers: I think I've got at least 5 pounds of meat that's ready to be fried. :stirpot: (And I saw a buck last fall that will go at least 110 too).

Parker

16. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    [rquote=1287268&tid=90021&author=Parker]:pop: Seems like this article I found may answer my question well.......the MWT Football Team, correct?! :rof2:

"Typically it’s between 1/4 pound and 1/3 pound, but it’s 1/2 pound if you’re feeding the football team."

Parker[/rquote]

Hmmmm
    now were did i see that 1/4 pound mentioned :thinking:

17. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :bowing: And I must have forgotten. I'd like to especially thank Mr. Bricky for his contributions to this thread. :D :rof2: :wave:

Parker

18. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    [rquote=1287292&tid=90021&author=Parker]:bowing: And I must have forgotten. I'd like to especially thank Mr. Bricky for his contributions to this thread. :D :rof2: :wave:

Parker[/rquote]

:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:
    and to think, this aint even in the roundup thread
    :rof2::rof2::rof2::rof2:

19. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    DONT FORGET the fried Dill Pickles............. they are greatness! :claphands:

20. Bricky

Bricky Active Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Bonne Terre Mo.
    [rquote=1287308&tid=90021&author=Reflex]DONT FORGET the fried Dill Pickles............. they are greatness! :claphands:[/rquote]

sorry Reflex
    but i got ta say YUUUUK