Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Strutt Buster
5,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled mine last sat. after hunting, and taking my last deer. Since I'm done hunting, didn't think I'd need to leave it in the woods for someone else to find. But after seeing MM pics of that Bald Eagle, I'm not so sure anymore.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
I like to try to figure out 'what is left' before I pull them. When the sheds start dropping, I pull mine til the first of June. :cheers:

Parker

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
nope leave mine out for the duration,but then i don't use mine till the scrapes start showing up.and really like them now to see what is left to hunt:D

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,923 Posts
I need to get one to put out.:)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I leave mine out to see whats made it through the season, and to see when the sheds start dropping.

The cold weather is hard on the batteries tho

[Edited on 12/6/2009 by SHEDZILLA]

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
i take mine down a couple weeks before rifle season and usually put it back up after im done bow hunting for the year.. the way my season is going i wont have it back out till january 16th!!!! lol

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
I pulled mine the day before rifle season and had planned to put em back up by now but never got to it. Hoping the get them back up tomorrow.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
[rquote=1500434&tid=104696&author=Modeerhunter]Mine stay out all year long. :cheers:[/rquote]

ditto

·
17,674 Posts
Bait it with a carcass and see what predators you get. Coyote huntin in Jan-Feb is some fun! Just don't shoot over bait, but its a good way to see just what you can before deciding to go.:cheers:

·
Registered
17,319 Posts
[rquote=1500910&tid=104696&author=Jeremy][rquote=1500434&tid=104696&author=Modeerhunter]Mine stay out all year long. :cheers:[/rquote]

ditto
[/rquote]

yup:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
23,529 Posts
[rquote=1500927&tid=104696&author=hun10]Bait it with a carcass and see what predators you get. Coyote huntin in Jan-Feb is some fun! Just don't shoot over bait, but its a good way to see just what you can before deciding to go.:cheers:[/rquote]

I thought you can hunt coyotes over bait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts