Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
still get all worked up when a deer walks out in front of you, even one you know your going to pass up on?

Saturday, my 15 year old Aaron and I hunted hard all day and saw nothin...around 4:15 a squirrel ran past us and into the woods...five minutes later we could still hear the sqirrel messing around but I kept checking to be sure and sure enough, a doe and 21 fawns came along right where the squirrel was...I was breathing so hard my son thought I was hyperventilating...and I wasn't even hunting...the boy made the shot and we celebrated...but dang, I get so excited I almost scared those deer away...

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Man she had to be tired with 21 fawns. Bet she was on welfare!:claphands:

But yes, I still get excited.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry...my keyboard keys are stifvking...this is a non-edited post fvrom my sticking keyboard...2q1...that's what happens when I hit the 2 key and don't ccatch it to edit...2 fawns...

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
[rquote=1483709&tid=103716&author=Sidewinder]Man she had to be tired with 21 fawns. Bet she was on welfare!:claphands:

But yes, I still get excited.[/rquote]

:rof2:

And I am sure everyon would get excited seeing a doe with 21 fawns.:superman:

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
[rquote=1483709&tid=103716&author=Sidewinder]Man she had to be tired with 21 fawns. Bet she was on welfare!:claphands:

So would the buck that did it.:rof2:

I still get excited even with my rifle. I like it when they sneak in on me, I don't have time to sit and watch them forever before I can shoot. Then I can get excited after the shot

·
19,584 Posts
How many of you...still get all worked up when a deer walks out in front of you, even one you know your going to pass up on?
After all these years, I still do. Just ask anyone that's ever hunted with me...

And if it's one I'm gonna tag, I get even worse...I fall to pieces.

If I ever get tired of seeing deer, then I'll know it's time to hang up my camo.

I'm not only passionate about deer hunting...I'm also passionate about whitetails in general.

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
[rquote=1483744&tid=103716&author=Chairman]
How many of you...still get all worked up when a deer walks out in front of you, even one you know your going to pass up on?
After all these years, I still do. Just ask anyone that's ever hunted with me...

And if it's one I'm gonna tag, I get even worse...I fall to pieces.

If I ever get tired of seeing deer, then I'll know it's time to hang up my camo.

I'm not only passionate about deer hunting...I'm also passionate about whitetails in general.[/rquote]

x2 :cheers:

·
Registered
14,317 Posts
My heart rate quickens a bit, but I don't get the shakes or buck fever at all. Much easier to shoot them when you can control your breathing and heart rate and concentrate on the shot. There is no pressure to produce a dead deer.

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
this season, i had a doe come in on me. never got the shot, all that was presented were crappy shots IMO. but i thought i was gonna have a heart attack just watchin her.

on the other hand, the buck i shot, i had about 10 seconds to see it, pick an opening, and shoot when he stepped into it. hardly anything, no time to think about it....but afterwards, i was a mess, couldnt quit shaking for 5 minutes solid:rof2:

thats why we do it, yes ? :cheers:

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
[rquote=1483738&tid=103716&author=ALMOST NORMAL][rquote=1483709&tid=103716&author=Sidewinder]Man she had to be tired with 21 fawns. Bet she was on welfare!:claphands:

So would the buck that did it.:rof2:

I still get excited even with my rifle. I like it when they sneak in on me, I don't have time to sit and watch them forever before I can shoot. Then I can get excited after the shot[/rquote]

It was probably multiple bucks. I bet none of the fawns even have the same last name:hysterical:

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
nope, i can feel my heart beat a little faster but i remain calm. of course after everything is said or done i have to sit down for a little bit to keep from falling out of the tree on big bucks. does i just don't get worked up over anymore at all. probably why i go big or go home.:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.