Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you killed???????

No fibbin here......tell the truth!

I got a late start hunting, I have my father in law to thank for getting me into this great sport.

Started with a gun back in 99 and picked up a bow in 01

since then I have taken 6 with a gun and 8 with a bow...

each year things are a little clearer.....a little easier.

So come on...........loud and proud..........how many notches you got on your belt?????????:D

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did a search for this and didnt find anything......I hope this question isnt taboo..........I wuz just curious

·
SuperSenior Member
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK.........take a guess....how many years........estimate!

·
Former Chicken Man
20,385 Posts
Started hunting deer in the mid-seventies, and have shot 22.
Four of those were with my crossbow.

Correction: I shot a fifth one with my crossbow, but only hit the left front leg and it got away. (Tilted crossbow, leaning around a tree). :banghead:We searched as long as we could that day, then I went back the next day with more help and searched for a long ways, but we never found it. Only deer I ever lost.
This was in October, and the friend I was hunting with saw it dragged out of there during firearms season, with my broadhead still in the leg/shoulder. Vortex 125. It was either a six or eight point; I can't remember anymore.

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
Been hunting for 24 years, average 3 per year would be 72.

Most I ever killed in one year was 7, least was 2.

·
5,631 Posts
Only have 5 in my belt...

2 Antlered bucks
1 Button buck
2 Does

All with my rifle.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,681 Posts
Been hunting since I was in high school. I'm 42 now. I've killed the least in the last 10 years because I'm not as poor as I was when I got married & don't rely on killing deer just to be able to eat meat. I bet I'm getting in the range with hunter7x

I've never killed a mature buck with a gun but have a few with bow. I barely gun hunt now.

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
hmmm,tell the truth?thats kinda asking craze how old she is,its a different number each time.:Dbeen hunting them a long time,in a lot of different states,throw in the mangement hunts and such. to many to count just a guess ,well over a hundred would be a conservative number.but still havn't got the monster over 200 just once ,thats the one that counts in my book.

·
5,631 Posts
Man, Cfraz, our number is SMALL compared to some of these guys. For the first several years that I hunted they only sold buck tags over the counter and you had to get drawn for an antlerless tag. Well, I never even put in for one! So there were a lot of years of seeing lots and lots of does and never getting to shoot one!

I know...excuses, excuses! :hysterical:

·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
I'd be careful following too close....

:fart:
:moon:

:hysterical:

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've been hunting 20 years now. I'd say I'm at about 30 deer. 12 of those are bow kills. My job in the army has caused me to miss more than my fair share of seasons.

·
Former Chicken Man
20,385 Posts
I went to my spot yesterday, and saw these three who like likely candidates for November. Shoot momma, then the kids when they come back to look. :sniper:
It'd be cool if they still had those spots. Nice pelts for the wall. (Although which wall, I do not know), :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.