Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
Interesting I’ve needed one for years but was always against Compound Bows. Now I can’t use either.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin Can’t hold one because she has no Thumb.

·
Registered
21,512 Posts
I can't walk or hold a Crossbow and my wife is unable to take care of Deer so why bother?

Seems I already posted on this. Carry on!

oneshot

:cool: oneshot feeds the Big Grin.

·
Grrrrrrr
30,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
You don’t have to be disabled now to use a crossbow
This thread was started when it took a disability exemption to use a crossbow. My intention when I started it was to recruit hunters who could use the service provided by Missouri Disabled Sportsmen.

·
Under appreciated
92,960 Posts
This thread was started when it took a disability exemption to use a crossbow. My intention when I started it was to recruit hunters who could use the service provided by Missouri Disabled Sportsmen.
And, little did you know you were also burying a time capsule. :D :D

I enjoyed reading back through!

·
Part-time malcontent
8,330 Posts
Literally this post was started over 10 years ago🙄
This forum throws up those “recommended reading” posts down below, and some of them are ancient. Mr @jfedrocks being a newbie had no idea. A number of old threads have been dredged up because of this.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I’ve got a nice one I bought to use during firearms season originally. Mission Sub1-XR. But it’s heavy and awkward. My shoulder and elbow can’t handle shooting a compound enough for me to be confident in my hunting with it. So I’ve been using the xBow for archery too. I’d so much rather use my compound. But at least it gets me out in the woods.

·
Part-time malcontent
8,330 Posts
I’ve got a nice one I bought to use during firearms season originally. Mission Sub1-XR. But it’s heavy and awkward. My shoulder and elbow can’t handle shooting a compound enough for me to be confident in my hunting with it. So I’ve been using the xBow for archery too. I’d so much rather use my compound. But at least it gets me out in the woods.
I’m not far behind you…I bought a used crossbow a couple years ago when I hurt my shoulder, but I’m trying to stay vertical for a little longer. My cousin gifted me a Hoyt and it fits me so well with just a tiny bit of tuning that I have to hunt with it.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
I’m not far behind you…I bought a used crossbow a couple years ago when I hurt my shoulder, but I’m trying to stay vertical for a little longer. My cousin gifted me a Hoyt and it fits me so well with just a tiny bit of tuning that I have to hunt with it.
What’s crazy is I can toss flys all weekend and it only gets sore for a few days after. But just slinging 25-30 arrows and my shoulder and the muscles on the inside of my elbow are on fire for a week. Dr said it’s just plain old wear and tear. He said he could give me a couple treatments and it’ll be fine for a little while in the shoulder. The muscles in my elbow joint he said to try PT. So I did that and it didn’t really do much.

Anyone that says hunting with a X-Bow is easy hasn’t toted one around much. I will say that shooting at the MoT is easier though. Getting a second shot, not so much. But like I said, I’d much rather be hunting than sitting on the couch. So the X-Bow keeps me in the woods when I would’ve given up on archery hunting. Good enough for me.

·
Part-time malcontent
8,330 Posts
What’s crazy is I can toss flys all weekend and it only gets sore for a few days after. But…..
It’s not like you’re hucking Esox flys.😆

121 - 140 of 140 Posts