·
Quack
5,518 Posts
Not I

·
Original Cafe'Member
1,721 Posts
+ 1, I'm kinda slow.
And I'd be willing to help someone in need also, count me in archer66.

·
Registered
20,180 Posts
Depends on where I'm hunting. But will more than likely rifle hunt during rifle season. And use my archery (recurve, crossbow and compound archery season.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am interested in one thing. I am a trophy whitetail deer hunter and I don't care about the opinions of "the always mightier than thou" crowd. This argument has played out a million times and I think it is stupid. To each his own. I have killed deer with rifle, muzzle loader, compound, and crossbow. I use whatever is legal and gives me the best chance at success. The debate never ends. It's the same with traditional bow and fly fishing folks. Some guy is always saying you should do it his way or it don't count. You must make your own bow or arrows from the wood yourself, or tie your own flies and fish with nothing but a fly rod. Go pound sand folks. If you want to shoot a traditional recurve do it, if you want to tie your own flies do it, if you want to hunt with nothing but a spear from now on do that! I don't think you should ever question the tactics of your fellow hunters again though. It's none of your business what me or any others do, but know this....I will always be hunting the biggest most mature deer I can find with any means that allows me the best success and I couldn't give one crap less if you killed every deer of your life with a nothing but a (enter your preferred mightier than though method here). My goal is mature deer....lmao now in the next few post we get to here about those that aren't mature/horn hunters and just want to kill any deer in the woods. The debates never end. For all of you....I hope you enjoy doing and have success doing whatever hunting it is you do. Leave the rest to do the same. Peace out.

·
Under appreciated
92,960 Posts
I am interested in one thing. I am a trophy whitetail deer hunter and I don't care about the opinions of "the always mightier than thou" crowd. This argument has played out a million times and I think it is stupid. To each his own. I have killed deer with rifle, muzzle loader, compound, and crossbow. I use whatever is legal and gives me the best chance at success. The debates never end. It's the same with traditional bow and fly fishing folks. Some guy is always saying you should do it his way or it don't count. You must make your own bow or arrows from the wood yourself, or tie your own flies and fish with nothing but a fly rod. Go pound sand folks. If you want to shoot a traditional recurve do it, if you want to tie your own flies do it, if you want to hunt with nothing but a spear from now on do that! I don't think you should ever question the tactics of your fellow hunters again though. It's none of your business what me or any others do, but know this....I will always be hunting the biggest most mature deer I can find with any means that allows me the best success and I couldn't give one crap less if you killed every deer of your life with a nothing but a (enter your preferred mightier than though method here). My goal is mature deer....lmao now in the next few post we get to here about those that aren't mature/horn hunters and just want to kill any deer in the woods. The debates never end. For all of you....I hope you enjoy doing and have success doing whatever hunting it is you do. Leave the rest to do the same. Peace out.
This. :eek::
Used to be stories were passed along personally at the campfire.
Social media has enabled people to pass judgement on others from behind the comfy confines of a keyboard.

·
Quack
5,518 Posts
I've got one for each hand

·
Banned
81,617 Posts
This. :eek::
Used to be stories were passed along personally at the campfire.
Social media has enabled people to pass judgement on others from behind the comfy confines of a keyboard.
Judgementalists and conspiracy theorists have found their favorite tool in the interwebthingy. Let people hunt a reasonable amount of time with whatever is humanly lethal for the game they pursue. As long as its not a 243 or 308. :D

·
Banned
66,381 Posts
I am interested in one thing. I am a trophy whitetail deer hunter and I don't care about the opinions of "the always mightier than thou" crowd. This argument has played out a million times and I think it is stupid. To each his own. I have killed deer with rifle, muzzle loader, compound, and crossbow. I use whatever is legal and gives me the best chance at success. The debate never ends. It's the same with traditional bow and fly fishing folks. Some guy is always saying you should do it his way or it don't count. You must make your own bow or arrows from the wood yourself, or tie your own flies and fish with nothing but a fly rod. Go pound sand folks. If you want to shoot a traditional recurve do it, if you want to tie your own flies do it, if you want to hunt with nothing but a spear from now on do that! I don't think you should ever question the tactics of your fellow hunters again though. It's none of your business what me or any others do, but know this....I will always be hunting the biggest most mature deer I can find with any means that allows me the best success and I couldn't give one crap less if you killed every deer of your life with a nothing but a (enter your preferred mightier than though method here). My goal is mature deer....lmao now in the next few post we get to here about those that aren't mature/horn hunters and just want to kill any deer in the woods. The debates never end. For all of you....I hope you enjoy doing and have success doing whatever hunting it is you do. Leave the rest to do the same. Peace out.
I agree. My chosen method is October rifle out of the pick up...:thumbup::thumbup:

101 - 120 of 140 Posts