Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Grrrrrrr
30,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I set this up poll style so you can vote if you'd prefer not to post.

What I'm looking for is a head count of how many guys hunt with a crossbow because you are not able to hunt otherwise.

If you don't mind posting up let us know if you also could use assistance getting to the woods.

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
I don't have a Crossbow yet, but trying to save up for one . I had much rather use a compound, but the rotator cuff is so bad I can't even pull a youth model:mad2:
I already have the MDC exemption form printed out and will take it to the Doctor on the next visit.

·
Grrrrrrr
30,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[rquote=2572048&tid=178711&author=deep woods goat hunter]Where's the option for dont have one wont use one?[/rquote]

Since a large part of the reason this website exists is for the benefit of disabled hunters I thought it would be nice to find out how many members we have that meet the exemption for use of a crossbow. Thus I found no reason to add a "don't have one won't use one option". Do you know anyone who would love to bowhunt but can't pull a conventional bow?

·
Grrrrrrr
30,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[rquote=2572065&tid=178711&author=deep woods goat hunter]not off the top of my head, mobowhunter is a good friend of mine, he crossbow hunted for the first year after his accident, then after he got his strength back switched back to a compound bow. He is still in a wheel chair[/rquote]

Impressive!!!

·
Registered
20,278 Posts
I can pull one back, but my surgen says I need live the rest of my life thinking about my back. The way i sit, bend, sleep, everything. So by not pulling a bow back I am not stressing my back, which is good. Anytime I can avoid stressing my back I should do so, I think this is a way. Am I wrong for using a crossbow even though I can pull back a compound? I am not even sure of this answer, but the doc says he would recommend it so.

·
Registered
11,872 Posts
I hunt with crossbow. Least until my hunter crossbow exception runs out then I got's to hope VA doc at that time will ink another one and not be a anti hunter like last 2 docs of mine were.

If I go back to shooting my compound with mouth tab my dentist will stop dental treatments on me.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Well I just got one in a trade , don't know if Ill ever hunt with it , mabe spring turkey , but I got a great deal , I traded a dozen traps for it , my neighbor bought it and didn't really like it and couldnt get his money back out of it so that how I got it , so I will see after I get it sighted in if I like it or not ,

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
[rquote=2572143&tid=178711&author=76_michael]Well I just got one in a trade , don't know if Ill ever hunt with it , mabe spring turkey , but I got a great deal , I traded a dozen traps for it , my neighbor bought it and didn't really like it and couldnt get his money back out of it so that how I got it , so I will see after I get it sighted in if I like it or not , [/rquote]

you did get a good deal..

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
[rquote=2572143&tid=178711&author=76_michael]Well I just got one in a trade , don't know if Ill ever hunt with it , mabe spring turkey , but I got a great deal , I traded a dozen traps for it , my neighbor bought it and didn't really like it and couldnt get his money back out of it so that how I got it , so I will see after I get it sighted in if I like it or not , [/rquote]

If you don't like it, let me know and maybe we can work out a deal. It sure would be nice to spend time in the woods during archery season

Thanks

Radio

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
[rquote=2572170&tid=178711&author=southernstyle88][rquote=2572143&tid=178711&author=76_michael]Well I just got one in a trade , don't know if Ill ever hunt with it , mabe spring turkey , but I got a great deal , I traded a dozen traps for it , my neighbor bought it and didn't really like it and couldnt get his money back out of it so that how I got it , so I will see after I get it sighted in if I like it or not , [/rquote]

you did get a good deal.. [/rquote]

Yeah it was a good deal for me , but felt bad for what traps he wanted , he had $800 in the crossbow , plus true glow scope dozen and a half bolts , 6 broadheads ,, I guess all that matters is that he was happy , this was my neighbor and is on disabilaty, so he was haveing problems ****ing it , it is a 175 lb draw , and its a Parker

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
[rquote=2572173&tid=178711&author=radioactive][rquote=2572143&tid=178711&author=76_michael]Well I just got one in a trade , don't know if Ill ever hunt with it , mabe spring turkey , but I got a great deal , I traded a dozen traps for it , my neighbor bought it and didn't really like it and couldnt get his money back out of it so that how I got it , so I will see after I get it sighted in if I like it or not , [/rquote]

If you don't like it, let me know and maybe we can work out a deal. It sure would be nice to spend time in the woods during archery season

Just courious , what you got , I know what I'm looking for , just wondering?

Thanks

Radio[/rquote]

1 - 20 of 140 Posts