How long will a terror suspect last

Discussion in 'Politics ......... (OPT IN)' started by fishshooter, May 21, 2009.

1. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    In an American Maximum Security Prison :pop:

I'd give em a snowballs chance in the hot place myself

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/21/obama-tries-circle-square-guantanamo-box/

I would have suspected that the realazation that the other inmates will kill them first chance they get, would be common sense, I guess mabey that's the problem. Close Gitmo if you want, I don't have a strong opinion, but a dead terrorist is of no help to us at all and I figure that's what their gonna get if they follow through with the plan proposed

2. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

Quite a long time cosidering he would be celled with another terrorist inmate, or one of the same race.

3. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1270623&tid=88967&author=Gakic24]Quite a long time cosidering he would be celled with another terrorist inmate, or one of the same race.[/rquote]

They won't be isolated 24/7 would they, I realize that could depend on what facilities they are sent too, I still think at some point they'd get the ax :pop:

4. Gakic24

They would get maybe one hour per day in a fenced in area.

5. Gakic24

THey are on lock down 23 hours a day

6. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    everybody has their price,someone will get to em

7. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    I bet that one hour would catch up to them, it would also depend some on the guards I'm sure, but I can't imagine they have much use for the terrorist's either. Would be touch and go for sure, the more they ran their mouth the worse their odds

8. Gakic24

you don't understand... They are tied off to the other inmate population... Plus they must be video taped anytime they leave their cell...

How do I know you may ask...

The Federal Medical Center here in Springfield is suppose to get 20 of them low-lifes...

Needless to say the officers that work there are not looking foward to it.

9. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1270637&tid=88967&author=Gakic24]you don't understand... They are tied off to the other inmate population... Plus they must be video taped anytime they leave their cell...

How do I know you may ask...

The Federal Medical Center here in Springfield is suppose to get 20 of them low-lifes...

Needless to say the officers that work there are not looking foward to it.
    [/rquote]

I don't blame em, they'll prolly be more trouble than there worth

10. Gakic24

I say they give them to the boys at the Catfish Roundup... And use them as cut bait...:claphands:

11. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Ain't no catfish gonna bite on them, even the catfish's standards are higher :roll2:

12. Son_of_Cold_Duck

Son_of_Cold_Duck 1:8655 idiots right Red?

Dec 16, 2008
    i\'m skeeered
    [rquote=1270619&tid=88967&author=fishshooter]
    but a dead terrorist is of no help to us at all[/rquote]

i gotta disagree, a dead terrorist cant do any further harm
    but a terrorist that's been in custody for 8 years isnt of any use to us either
    all their info/contacts would be a little outdated :shrug:

13. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    Our curent administration does not have the back bone to be strong when it comes to teh terrorists. So they going to live out there lives in secure cells eattign boon boons and boinking vergions. Costing us a stinken fortune to keep them safe and comfortable.

Next we will hear that due to good behavior they are released on a work program of sorts. Frak that.

14. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    [rquote=1270632&tid=88967&author=Big L]everybody has their price,someone will get to em[/rquote]

indeed, i knew someone who went to a max security prison, and was confined to solitary....somehow, someway, he ended up getting his face crushed by a boot party and ended up haveing to get reconstructive surgery.

so, all the :blah::blah::blah::blah: about them being away from everyone all the time is a bunch of :bs:

15. Gakic24

[rquote=1270680&tid=88967&author=Jeremy][rquote=1270632&tid=88967&author=Big L]everybody has their price,someone will get to em[/rquote]

indeed, i knew someone who went to a max security prison, and was confined to solitary....somehow, someway, he ended up getting his face crushed by a boot party and ended up haveing to get reconstructive surgery.

so, all the :blah::blah::blah::blah: about them being away from everyone all the time is a bunch of :bs:[/rquote]

did you not read the part about video taping everytime you have contact with them etc?

BTW, the boot to the face was probably before he went to solitary confinement.

16. Jeremy

Jeremy REGULAR MEMBER

Dec 22, 2006
    video tapes dont stop criminal activity...they only record it;)

17. Gakic24

[rquote=1270682&tid=88967&author=Jeremy]video tapes dont stop criminal activity...they only record it;) [/rquote]

those guys will probably be accepted into the Gang Phenomenon anyway...
    Oh the world of Prison gangs. :roll2:

18. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

[rquote=1270673&tid=88967&author=Longbow26] Our curent administration does not have the back bone to be strong when it comes to teh terrorists. So they going to live out there lives in secure cells eattign boon boons and boinking vergions. Costing us a stinken fortune to keep them safe and comfortable.

.[/rquote]

The past administration is the one who has had them there for almost 8 years as it is. They get special food and prayer time etc etc. This isn't a new problem.

They have a town in Montana that is lobbying to get these prisoners and is being ignored. The town of Hardin I believe it is has a brand spankin new maximum security facility that will house 148 inmates and they want the suspects housed there. Let em have them.

The only thing that really concerns me about any of this is that most of these guys are only suspected terrorists. 8 years is a long time to be held without being charged or put to trial. There have only been 2 people put on trial at Gitmo. They just recently released 2 people who had been held for several years and were found to not meet the criteria for being involved with terrorism. If they are pow's they should be held until the declared war is over,,,however when you hold people for years and years on suspicions thats another thing altogether.

:cheers::cheers:

19. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    send them anywhere as long the plane is loaded with all of them and it just happens to crash into a mountain side:D

20. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I almost agree with Henry here. :D

Can someone tell me what the conservative solution is to this?

It'll be a political 8ball for a long time until we get it solved and us conservatives will get hammered until these deadbeats are dealt with.

Tell me someone what the right course of action is and I'll believe you. No one in our party has a solution as of now.
    I'm getting tired of hearing it.