Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
SHED ON
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well with the temps that we have coming up how long will one hide on froze like a rock hanging in a barn take to unthaw

Might just be April before I get her butchered

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Carry in some firewood, and light er up!!! Surely you know a good firefighter or 2 that could help ya out!!!LOL:D:scared:

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
gonna need a good core temp to answer this question.:peepwall:

·
Registered
38,389 Posts
Originally posted by doublelunger
core temp is COLD dang near froze my thermometer off checking it:eek:

You been hangin with Fishy again??????:rof2:

·
Preferred pronoun-Stud Muffin
10,590 Posts
doublelunger... one year... maybe '88 or '89? I killed a doe January 1. Hung her up in the detached garage, and I swear the temps stayed perfect for a month or so. We never did butcher, just sawed off the meat as we needed it.
We never enjoyed a deer so much. Kids got to pick their cut. Momma got to choose her roast. Why hurry? Butcher what's left when the temps warm.

·
SHED ON
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by fireman_3311

I did have to call fishy for proper core temperature taking instructions. He was able to email me the whole process with pics to boot

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311

I did have to call fishy for proper core temperature taking instructions. He was able to email me the whole process with pics to boot

you are aware that is finally against the law in missouri now, i would burn the pics.:peepwall:

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Bill,

Just bring the whole thing in the house at set it on the kitchen table.It should be thawed out in no time.lol.:wave:

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Hey Bill,

We could probably stick it in my garage and it'll thaw.Maybe.

I'm gonna go get my buddy's tenderizer tomorrow before they go out of town for Christmas then you could butcher it here and have some tender viddles.

I'm gonna tenderize all of Savannah's deer that I can.

If anything I could stop by and grab it.If it will fit in the trunk seeins how it's froze.

I guess if I had to we could cut off its legs to make it fit.And head if neccessary.

·
SHED ON
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Robert
Thanks for the offer but it should unthaw sometime I would think it is suppose to be at least above freezing this week

·
Registered
303 Posts
Originally posted by UrbanHunter
doublelunger... one year... maybe '88 or '89? I killed a doe January 1. Hung her up in the detached garage, and I swear the temps stayed perfect for a month or so. We never did butcher, just sawed off the meat as we needed it.
We never enjoyed a deer so much. Kids got to pick their cut. Momma got to choose her roast. Why hurry? Butcher what's left when the temps warm.
You might be a ******* if.......................................:stirpot::stirpot:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
:cheers: butchered one up tonight that was good to go. Only hard meat issues I had were around the knees. I suppose the smaller one tomorrow may be a bigger battle.

I had to wear one of my catfishing gloves to hold the meat as I cut it, cause that meat was COLD! :eek:

Word on the street is I'm getting a new grinder on Thursday, so I just cut the meat and threw it in the freezer.

Parker

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
Word on the street is I'm getting a new grinder on Thursday, so I just cut the meat and threw it in the freezer.

Parker
HO HO HO HEE HAW!!!

Now you'll have to get ya a tenderizer attachment for it.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
:pop: I'd sure like to have one. Gotta see what brand I'm getting first I suppose. I don't know if that matters or not.

Parker

·
SHED ON
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well This ol gal will take a chainsaw to get her cut up. I promise. She was partially froze by the time I got her home from shedheads house the night I shot her.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,454 Posts
Well This ol gal will take a chainsaw to get her cut up. I promise. She was partially froze by the time I got her home from shedheads house the night I shot her.
:roll2: OH! And now you admit to shooting her on the Caldwell County King Ranch! :roll2:

Parker

1 - 20 of 32 Posts