Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a major screwup this weekend and shot my ramrod out of my rifle. Man that puppy kicked worse that a 458, definetly much worse that a 50 cal. Barrett. I got distracted from my routine and got in a rush. I got lucky and did not get hurt and my rifle is ok, but man did that thing kick. Looked but never did find the ramrod. It was a tough lesson and I did get lucky in not getting hurt. I do know that I will never make this mistake again.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Whoa, don't do that, glad you were not hurt

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts
bet that leaves a mark:Dglad your okay, i keep thinking one of these days that i am gonna do that:wave:

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
In the immortal words of Frank Barone......HOLY CRAP!!!

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Well if it was made of wood it might be reusable if found. If synthetic it will be good to go.

In the old days on ocasion a trapper might have to shot his ramrod into a charging indion. I have read acounts of a ramrod going threw 2 indions cleanly.

Just go back to where you shot and figer out what elevation your barel was and walk it off. Only way to find it.

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Dang! Sorry to hear about that, but I guess you learn from mistakes.

Your thread did make me think of this though.

[file]82117[/file]

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
[rquote=1494573&tid=104339&author=HabitatMD]Dang! Sorry to hear about that, but I guess you learn from mistakes.

[/rquote]

That's great :claphands:

Concider that a ramrod is like an arrow...an arrow traveling at say 1200fps. An fletched arrow flying at say 250fps hits the ground at about 35 yards. So 75 yards from a level barrel is pretty reasonable in my opinion. Like an arrow, it's likely to have skipped and is burried between the dirt and the grass. You're going to have to step on it and know what you're feeling for to find it. Unless the ramrod went into something like a backyard type of landscaping, forget it. Buy another one.

Have a good evening chicken ****er :D:D:D

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Geez Louise! Glad you are ok!!!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It will got all the way to where it stopped.

glad you did not get hurt

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
[rquote=1494573&tid=104339&author=HabitatMD]Dang! Sorry to hear about that, but I guess you learn from mistakes.

[/rquote]

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
19,117 Posts
i have a permanently installed judo point i mine, it won't bury in the grass, :D:D glad ya wasn't hurt, depending on elevation they will go a fir bit

1 - 18 of 18 Posts