Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a major screwup this weekend and shot my ramrod out of my rifle. Man that puppy kicked worse that a 458, definetly much worse that a 50 cal. Barrett. I got distracted from my routine and got in a rush. I got lucky and did not get hurt and my rifle is ok, but man did that thing kick. Looked but never did find the ramrod. It was a tough lesson and I did get lucky in not getting hurt. I do know that I will never make this mistake again.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Whoa, don't do that, glad you were not hurt

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
bet that leaves a mark:Dglad your okay, i keep thinking one of these days that i am gonna do that:wave:

·
Registered
11,872 Posts
Well if it was made of wood it might be reusable if found. If synthetic it will be good to go.

In the old days on ocasion a trapper might have to shot his ramrod into a charging indion. I have read acounts of a ramrod going threw 2 indions cleanly.

Just go back to where you shot and figer out what elevation your barel was and walk it off. Only way to find it.

·
Registered
17,086 Posts
Dang! Sorry to hear about that, but I guess you learn from mistakes.

Your thread did make me think of this though.

[file]82117[/file]

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
Geez Louise! Glad you are ok!!!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
It will got all the way to where it stopped.

glad you did not get hurt

·
Registered
10,308 Posts
[rquote=1494573&tid=104339&author=HabitatMD]Dang! Sorry to hear about that, but I guess you learn from mistakes.

Your thread did make me think of this though.

[/rquote]

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

·
19,090 Posts
i have a permanently installed judo point i mine, it won't bury in the grass, :D:D glad ya wasn't hurt, depending on elevation they will go a fir bit

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.