1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
19,117 Posts
i like my ghillies for turkey and crow hunting, but thats all i use it for

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Depends on what you are hunting.
Especially for deer hunting - the orange kind of blows the whole point of a ghillie suit...

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
i would not wear that in the missouri woods. especially on public land.

i can hear it now: "cletus call TMZ!, i shot bigfoot!"

·
Registered
69,797 Posts
Of course you would not use this suit while rifle hunting deer but for every other type of hunting when it comes to sneaking up on your prey it will work great. I know FiremanBrad has a set and has used it to take deer with his long bow at very close range.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
It would be tough to get arm clearance from a bow string for the bowhunters . Two thumbs down for me.

·
Registered
6,852 Posts
Ghillies are EXTREMELY effective, especially if you 'customize' them for the area you are in.
And I agree completely MM - I wouldn't wear one deer hunting. ALthough two days ago, 10 miles outside of Maryville, I saw two guys walking out wearing them - complete with orange vest. I started laughing so hard I almost wrecked my truck!

·
Registered
245 Posts
[rquote=1481488&tid=103590&author=JustBob]i would not wear that in the missouri woods. especially on public land.

i can hear it now: "cletus call TMZ!, i shot bigfoot!"[/rquote]

:rof2: :rof2: :hysterical: :hysterical:

·
Registered
948 Posts
they are great for bowhunting. Gotta trim the bow arm so the strings don't catch. Killed a few deer with my recurve while wearing one. Works great on yotes too.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1481498&tid=103590&author=Radar] It would be tough to get arm clearance from a bow string for the bowhunters . Two thumbs down for me.[/rquote]

Wrong....Trim it up with scissors, on your bow arm and chest area.

Deer just don't see a human form, when you wear one!!! I've had deer stomp, because the see something, but they actually came closer, to investigate!!!

Buy one, it's a blast!!!! I have the Rancho Safari lightweight Shaggy Longcoat and leggings.

Go to tradgang.com, and do a search for ghillie suit, you'll read lots of success stories!!!!:cheers::wave:

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,045 Posts
[rquote=1481488&tid=103590&author=JustBob]i would not wear that in the missouri woods. especially on public land.

i can hear it now: "cletus call TMZ!, i shot bigfoot!"[/rquote]

:rof2::rof2::rof2:

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
i wear one while sneaking up on the wife:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts