Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I scored the rack, and I have no idea how to do it. All I did was measure how much antler is there. Depressing...:whinging:

Am I doing something wrong ? Should it be multiplied by 2 ?:shrug: BTW, I measured both antlers....heres a pic, tell me what ya think, then I'll tell ya what I measured...

[file]80369[/file]

·
Registered
69,798 Posts
Just guessing here because I've never measured one for real.....92?? (I'm just going by your comment of "Depressing:whinging:")

Might be a bit more

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[rquote=1481550&tid=103597&author=archer66]98[/rquote]

in a nutshell, how do you do it ? or do you just know....:confused:

i measured no where close to that, so there must be bonus points or something ?

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1481554&tid=103597&author=Mailman]Did you include the inside spread?[/rquote]

nope, i measured the amount of bone, with a sewing measuring tape, is all

wow sound like a real goater huh...."bone" :claphands:

·
17,674 Posts
Fireman Brad can tell ya what to do. He's our very own certified P&Y and B&C official scorer!:eek::

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
bet you forgot the spread and mass :cheers:

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
[rquote=1481561&tid=103597&author=knockemdeadd][rquote=1481558&tid=103597&author=archer66]Inside spread at widest point
length of each main beam measured from the burr along the outside edge of the beam.....

Aww heck go here:

http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRec...sp?area=bgRecords&type=Typical+Whitetail+Deer[/rquote]

wowsa, i think i missed quite a bit :peepwall::rof2:

i measured 55.5" of antler...[/rquote]

I really just gave you the link so you could see where to hold your tape measure for the measurements.
You will see when you fill in the sheet that some of the measurments don't go to the total score....they are just there for fluff if ya ask me. For instance tip to tip spread and widest spread don't count. Everything else does. Also...that score sheet automatically deducts for differences in the two sides so your score it generates will be a net score. Write down your MB lengths, inside spread, tine lenghts, and circumferences and add em up for you gross score...nets are for fish. .

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
90 1/8

·
Registered
19,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll never know, cause I aint doing all that stuff. :cheers:

lets just say its bigger than 56" :D

·
Banned